Melissa Reeves Hates Gays

ivanmmd

• Members

Family Research Council? The same FRC that says homosexuality should be outlawed and homosexuals prosecuted? The same FRC that has been labeled a hate group? That's who we should be concerned about? Should I feel sympathy for the KKKer if a "radical jewish militant" shot a neo nazi?

Hate breeds hate. Considering how much hate is enmeshed, mandated and codified in christian conservatism, it is not surprising that sooner or later someone would hate them back to the point of going crazily violent. No one hated Melissa Reeves until she publicly came out in an attack on gay people for no other motive than spite and hatred, as evidenced by her pre-emptive "free speech" comment which was really her way of saying "There I said it, [!@#$%^&*] you"

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well he did have the body of a god, so I can understand her confusion smile.png

You can look at it from both sides. Yeah, shooting a security guard is wrong and death threats against a D-list soap star is wrong. But you know what else is wrong? Beating up an innocent man, tying him to a fence, and leaving him there to die (that's a Matthew Shepard reference, BTW)

Right or wrong, so many people give out idle death threats, especially in an anonymous forum like the internet. I don't mean to start a debate over whether death threats should be taken seriously or if they're hogwash, but the person (whom I went to highschool with and was close friends with) who runs Vote For The Worst, the website that encourages American Idol viewers to vote for the worst contestant, receives death threats all the time. Of course there are those one-in-a-million nutsos out there who make good on their words, but I really can't imagine someone making the effort to hunt Missy Reeves down in L.A. (or Tennessee, whichever) and rid the world of her.

• Members

Violence or threats of it are never okay, period. There are plenty of liberals who get threats on Twitter for saying much less, so it's not like it's one sided, I know of a polling company who received telephone threats because they didn't show Republicans leading in elections. It's not like you can voice any opinion on the internet without risking threats. I remember Rebecca Black got threats just because people hated her song Friday. Anonymity lets people be as vicious as they want to be.

• Members

Yes, because every story has "two sides." RME. Don't forget how FRC silently support their fellow right-wing nutters who murder doctors who perform abortions.

ITA. They love hating, murdering, and bombing people who disagree with them. I am just surprised it too this long for someone to give it right back to them.

So true. ROTFLMAO!

• Members

Max, isn't this like the first time something like this has ever happened? We need to regard it as a fluke until we see a pattern of events of this type. Unless one considers the queen that hit Anita Bryant with the pie a militant activist? The guy was obviously stupid, he should have known there were security guards at that place, if he wanted to get the Pres of the FRC, he should have followed him after work and ran him off the freeway.

• Members

Alphanguy, I haven't heard of another instance of a gay activist shooting a Christian group. (Yet, even one instance is one too many.) But, the threats that Reeves and her family received were very chilling as well.

I do think the shooting is a fluke in the sense that 99.9% of gay people would never engage in such behavior. However, 99.9% of pro-lifers would never kill a doctor who performs abortions; despite that, it doesn't stop some liberals from tarring the entire pro-life movement.

• Members

Considering the whole movement is based on the lockstep desire to deny women control of their own body and tell them what they have to do about all things sexual (shades of radical Islam!--oh that's right a fundamentalist by any other name is still a fundamentalist) the whole group deserves every bit of tar and feathering they get.

• Members

Her statement on Twitter was ridiculous. She needs to fire her publicist and hire someone who can actually mitigate her special brand of bullsh*t because it has torpedoed her image. If ever DAYS was in a position to fire her, this would be the time, particularly since prior to this Chick-Fil-A spectacle she was already being heavily criticised by everyone on this board, intelligent viewers, for phoning in her performance and being a useless character on the canvas.

Was it God-honouring of Melissa to have an affair with Jason Brooks? I didn't think so. What a hypocrite.

• Members

And I'll bet that speculation is totally TRUE. When it comes to social media, the networks and production companies keep actors, driectors, writers, on a VERY short leash... I've heard MANY stories that I can't get into here about this kind of thing happening, and this was directly from the party involved.

Archived