Melissa Reeves Hates Gays

ivanmmd

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have to assume that's it, and I certainly hope it is.

It's very easy martyrdom. Those liberals and gays are oppressing Christians, so Christians need to break free of their oppression and fight the power.

Meanwhile, what about the people in Uganda who are being butchered and live in fear because of hate groups like FRC? Are Melissa Reeves or any other Christians going to go order a chicken nugget in their honor? Or is it easier to be a Christian when you're ordering waffle fries than it is when you are hearing about people being systematically wiped out in the name of "family values"?

• Members

These are brilliant posts! There's so much hypocrisy going on amongst liberals, whether it's about "tolerance" (many can't tolerate people who have a different opinion than they do, though they preach the gospel of tolerance), "free speech" (nothing remotely perceived as offensive can be said about a minority group, even though they champion the First Amendment), or even gay marriage (they condemn all who were/are opposed to gay marriage as haters, except Democrats--including their beloved Obama--running for public office). As a heterosexual male originally opposed to gay marriage, I later changed my mind after realizing that (1) traditional marriage was not threatened by gay marriage and (2) civil unions do not provide all the same legal rights to gay couples as does marriage. If gays and other liberals want to change more peoples' minds on the issue, the way to go about this is to educate others; it is not to yell and scream and call those on the opposite side bigots.

• Members

I guess she forgot her christian beliefs/values when she was getting boinked.....LOL....

Someone on another board posted that the hairdressers at Days have been dressing and hairstyling her hair badly because they know she hates gays....LOL....

• Members

Unfortunately, for a lot of people, it hits very close to home and is a very personal and emotional attack against them. I think a lot of the anger and vitriol comes from a place of hurting and defending themselves. It's very difficult for me even now to write these kind of reasoned, rational responses to subject matter that personally affect me and my community as a gay man with people I disagree with.

But I make sure I do it, because people don't listen to personal attacks (on EITHER side of the spectrum), and making sweeping generalizations about all liberals or all conservatives or all Christians or whatever aren't going to sway anyone's opinion, or change any hearts and minds. So maybe some progressives are being hypocritical, but I chalk it up to a visceral, emotional defense mechanism than active hypocrisy. When you feel like you or someone you care about are feeling attacked, you do funny things.

• Members

Ain't nobody's speech being squashed, you only have the right to free speech, not the right to say what you want, and have nobody criticize you for it, and/or refuse to do business with you for it. People keep bandying about the defination of marriage... marriage is the joining of two entities... salad dressing is a marriage of oil and vinegar. The problem here is that people think the RELIGIOUS institution of marriage should be the only one recognized by the state. They can't concieve that there CAN and SHOULD be STATE institution of marriage that is separate from the religious institution. That's why Prop 8 was exactly backward, instead of DENYING equal rights under the law for gay people, it should have PROTECTED the rights of the church to not be required to perform gay weddings, or recognize gay marriage in any way, if that is their choice, and make them bullet proof from civil liability in that arena. But no, instead of protecting the religious institution, they have to FORCE the STATE institution to go by the same definitions, thereby foisting a specific religious tenet upon an entire nation. Marriage is not and never was always a religious instituition... two atheists getting married at the courthouse isn't anyone's idea of a religious ceremony. It's just basically a way for some people to feel better about themsleves, so they can say... "I can be married, you CAN'T, that makes me better than you". Some people get tremendous self esteem from crap like that.

• Members

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU.

Thank you.

I would add more to those conversation, but I think the issue has been...er...maxed out. And it's probably best for me to stay silent.

ETA: It's the OBNOXIOUSNESS that's getting to me. I can imagine the people lining up with [!@#$%^&*]-eating grins on their faces, extremely proud of themselves for eating a f!cking chicken nugget.

• Members

I wish she poured more passion into her dire acting than this, but it doesn't bother me one way or another.

It's Melissa Reeves, as DaytimeFan mentioned - a b-list soap actress mainly known for having an affair with her co-star. Not exactly someone with the strong Christian morals she wants to represent, but again, who truly is?

She can support what she likes, it doesn't mean I have to care or like it. It also doesn't mean she has any credibility.

• Members

What gets me in regards to her baiting is that she was very popular with a generation of DAYS viewers, and she has spent the last year trying her best to alienate them, first with her Dan/Jennifer shilling and her lack of support for Matt Ashford, and now with this. Maybe she resents her life and having to go back to DAYS, and this is her way of getting it out.

I won't be surprised if she and Scott Reeves hit the Pat Roberston circuit in a year or two.

• Members

Off topic, but this stint on DAYS has proved what I've always thought of her as an actress - sh!t, cold, and totally lacking in charisma. I've never understood her popularity, and thought it was primarily due to her playing off the Jennifer character's "good girl" and "cute" routine for years.

Now that she's aged and doesn't have the "cute" factor anymore, there's just nothing there.

• Members

What I don't understand is how posters in this thread continue to support her "freedom of speech" when that's not even the issue at hand. It's her choice to not only support, but to be cavalier in her choice to support, a company that pours money into atrocity. She may be ignorant of those facts (that Carl has provided here in black and white). At the end of the day, beyond anyone's constitutional or God-given right to say or think whatever they feel, right is right and wrong is wrong. Why go to bat for someone who is supporting something that is WRONG? If CFA was donating money to organizations that supported the rights of pedophiles in Europe or the free enterprise of sex traffickers in Russia and Asia, would you still have Missy's back?

• Members

I hear people are slamming her hard on twitter throwing her affair in her face and crap. I haven't eaten at this food chain in years because I'm just not in love with their food. I would not be wasting my time acting some z list soap actress over twitter about her affair from years ago. If you don't support their views, just don't eat there!

• Members

SFK, it's easier to make this into Melissa the Martyr, the face of conservatives being persecuted by godless, gay liberals who can't accept any opinion but their own and who only care about gay marriage. It's not as easy to ask why we should applaud the "freedom" to kill people in Uganda or to put people in jail for being gay.

Archived