Melissa Reeves Hates Gays

ivanmmd

• Members

Yes and these are dangerous Hate groups. There is nothing sweet about them and nothing "Christian" either. Maybe Ms. Reeves is not aware of what these donations are going to. But I know one thing- I am no longer a fan of her. And I did used to adore her.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Why else would she make a show of supporting Chick Fil A? The man who runs Chick Fil A made a show of being anti-gay. That's how all this started.

I don't have a problem with people going to Chick Fil A - I have a problem with people who go out of their way to seem like martyrs and paint Chick Fil A as martyrs. There is nothing noble about a company donating money because they think gays are pedophiles.

I don't think it takes guts at all. It's always easy and popular to take anti-gay positions. She has job security as long as she wants (until DAYS is over, anyway) - she hasn't cared about her work in years.

• Members

She shouldn't have tweeted that. I don't think she hates gay (honestly I will continue eating Chick Fil A, I love their food) but it was a little ignorant on her part, but she isn't going to stop me from doing what I like to do. *shrugs*

• Members

She knows what she's doing. Look at her text tweet, in response to Candace Cameron (aka DJ Tanner from Full House, aka Kirk Cameron's sister).

DJ Tanner wrote: I'm expecting to lose some followers today. Off to lunch.

Jennifer Rose responds: i just lost a bunch too

• Members

I don't get the impression she cares about her work or anyone she works with. She retired for years until her husband suddenly decided to go back to work. It's a paycheck, nothing more. If anything this will help her career - I can see her talentless husband being on the 700 Club singing while she talks about the hate she's faced.

• Members

Oh dear lawrd....not another Tammy Faye....LOL....

Watching the news and they mentioned the people that showed up at Chick to support them..ugh...cant believe all the people that were there...so disappointing

• Members

I personally don't this as just a freedom of speech issue. I don't think anyone has said people can't have any opinions they want about anything. I would imagine in her brain this poor company is being put upon for standing up for their beliefs. But I didn't see her supporting Starbucks or JCPenny when Christian groups tried to stage boycotts over their gay marriage support. So it says a lot to me that she chose THIS "freedom of speech" issue to support. I've met her too, Errol, many times and she seems like a sweet and caring lady who looks you in the eye and gives you her attention. But I still replied back to her tweet telling her what I thought. smile.png

• Members

People need to be educated on what "Free Speech" is because apparently "Freedom of Speech" equates to "Privilege to Earn Income" in some people's minds. That's not the case at all. Free Speech is simply in place to insure that you're not criminalized for expressing an opinion contrary to the popular opinion.

Do I think Melissa Reeves is anti-gay? No. Do I think the actress is ill-informed? Absolutely. Do I think she should be fired? That's debatable. Is she going around, creating a hostile environment, being insensitive to others who disagree with her stance on Chik-Fil-A... or is she just being a dimwitted person not savvy enough to realize that certain issues are better left untouched?

Ok, I admit... that last part, my bias was showing.

Archived