Melissa Reeves Hates Gays

ivanmmd

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

While I don't think emailing DAYS will matter much (the same amount of people who don't agree with Missy's statements could also not agree with Days' "gay storyline" and telling NBC they'll no longer be watching DAYS 'cuz of the gays. It's tit for tat), but I do think this is quite disappointing. But not entirely surprising, given her and Scott's Jesus-loving stance.

I wonder what she loves more: Every bite of Chick-Fil-A or every inch of Jason Brooks'... whistling.jpg

• Members

Are you going around bragging to everyone that you're eating at Chick-Fil-A because of their position against gay rights?

She is proud of them giving millions of dollars to hate groups. This doesn't just affect gay marriage, this money is used in every capacity.

She has a right to be as bigoted as she wants. I just wish she cared a tenth as much about her performances.

• Members

Peter Blake for the win!!!

I gotta say, she must not value her job at DAYS much. Soap actors are losing their jobs left 'n right and if viewer opinion over an actor/character is unfavorable, they're gonna get cut (ESPECIALLY if they're a highly paid veteran, not a scale newbie like Gabi, Chad, etc.)

• Webmaster

I so do not see her as hating gays. I've met her and her husband on numerous occasions, and even talked to Scott recently during GH Fan Club Weekend. Did not get a hateful vibe from him at all.

The issue at hand is whether marriage should be between a man and a woman or be open to same sex pairings? While personally I think marriage is nothing but a piece of paper as love between you and another shouldn't require legal papers to prove it, I don't see the issue where some people supporting the fast food chain is their way of saying they hate gays. If they don't think a man and a man or a woman and a woman should marry, that's their right. If, however, they said they hated gays/lesbians then I'd see this show of support as something completely different.

• Members

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/02/chick-fil-a-anti-gay-group-donations-_n_1644609.html

This is who Chick Fil A donates to. Exodus is an ex-gay organization that basically exists to tell gay people they're mentally ill and must have been damaged as children, and the only way out is to marry a straight person (or another gay person who wants to be straight) and pray for salvation.

Family Research Council is a hate group. They say that homosexuality should be outlawed and gays should be punished. They say that gay men are pedophiles.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Family_Research_Council#Listing_as_a_hate_group_by_SPLC

Archived