Katie Holmes files for divorce from Tom Cruise

dragonflies

• Members

Color me severly shocked that Katie filed an emergent application. The girl has balls. Tom Cruise does not like being backed into a corner - and neither does COS. She's hoping he caves but my suspicions tells me he wont. I wonder if push comes to shove if she will really air all his dirty laundry in public, and believe me, the dude has a ton of them.

Now I really fear for the girl.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They're too smart to hurt her. They know who everybody and they mama will look at first if ANYthing should ever happen to her or her child. They will certainly try to ruin her. It won't work. She's not enough of a commodity in the industry for it to even matter. She can and will get however much money she wants (if she wants it, not that she needs it) for the book, the interview (tv and print), the whatever, all within the terms of their "no kiss and tell" prenup. But yeah, I think she has far too many "good people" in LaLaWood on her side for them to bow to the bad.

• Members

Exactly, Katie Holmes is, for want of a better word: untouchable. And she's untouchable because she doesn't give a damn about her career, doesn't give a damn about her public image (which has been in the toilet for years as Mrs Tom Cruise) and doesn't give a damn about Tom Cruise. In short, she has nothing to lose, aside from custody of her child, the very reason all of this is being set in motion.

• Members

Katie is seriously the epitome of a mother willing to do anything to protect her child at this point. I have a feeling this has been brewing and she has been plotting for more than 6 weeks. Yes, everyone said it wouldnt work and he was cray and she shouldnt do this. She was young, in love, and he was tom cruise. Yes, we all saw him turn the kids against nicole. Again, love is dumb. But she saw clear at some point and has been plotting her exit and did it damn well. The Elle cover story was done weeks ago and is coming out right after she files for divorce and an emergency custody hearing? no way did that just work out. Her firing her staff and going back to her old one was also likely already set up.

I dont think she thinks she will get sole custody. But she went all in and made it very public for a reason. It is her best way to get him to give her what she wants, and if he doesnt and it goes into the public courts, then so be it. As DF said Katie has nothing to lose (and likely, even if she did she wouldnt care). She wants out. She wants to protect her child, and anybody who stands in the way of that better watch out.

This honestly feels like Revenge come to life. I wonder who will play Katie in the lifetime movie?

• Members

Katie Holmes!

Never Say Never: The Katie Holmes Story, Starring Katie Holmes.

Her career comeback! After that, since the chains from Mr. Cruise have been unlocked, she can reunite with another closet-case, James van der Beek, to do Dawson's Creek: The Reunion.

Archived