Katie Holmes files for divorce from Tom Cruise

dragonflies

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sole custody? That's a surprise. Wasn't Nicole Kidman put through the wringer during their breakup? I thought part of that was down to custody issues.

No one has ever bought this marriage and I'm surprised it lasted this long.

I remember how many mourned the loss of Katie Holmes when this relationship started. She never had much of a career anyway, but I wonder if this will help or hurt her.

Between this and Cruise's ever-increasing string of box office flops, I wonder if he's finally over.

• Members

Katie's lawyer uses Katie but Tom's statement uses Kate. I always doubted that Katie preferred Kate and saw it was a control thing with Tom. I would really like to see Katie write a tell all book one day about her marriage because I think it would be explosive.

• Members

I was one of those people. I mean, she was Joey for Christ's sake. The Katie Holmes who did that bit during the MTV Movie Awards Lisa Kuddrow hosted died and now I hope she'll be resurrected.

I hope she has Chris Klein on speed dial. It's time for Suri to know her real daddy.

• Members

Hopefully, this will revive her career. She has some talent. I liked what she did as Joey on Dawson's Creek. She also did well in that movie with Michael Douglas and Robert Downey Jr. not long after. She did nothing special in that flat role as Rachel in Batman.

• Members

That whole dubbing her "Kate" thing on Oprah really rubbed me the wrong way, as did "her" decision to convert to Scientology. Not that I knew much about her before hand, but in every interview I saw of her post-Cruise marriage, I found her utterly insufferabe. It's cliche, but she really did sound like some sort of robot pod. And when talking about her barely two year old Suri, "She's so wise... she's just so wise." huh.png What, she knows how to keep her hands out of the poop when you change her diaper? Ugh. Oh, and it really drove me crazy how she never called him Tom but would refer to him as "my husband" no less than 35 times an interview. I don't know what's going on, but I can't help but think, "Good for you Katie! Get the hell out!"

Archived