ALL: Deaths that stuck

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Cassie's death on Y&R held about as much meaning as anything done for pure shock value does. I get that it haunts Nick and Sharon to this day, but even now, I question the value of killing her off in the first place.

• Members

I think it was very poignant as the effects of it are still felt today and the show constantly references it, not letting it be forgotten. It wasnt merely done for shock value as story actually sprang from it and it did shake things up. Now whether that was for the best or not is a different story, but I cant see how it can be marginalized as a shock value stunt. I think this is one death that actually held some weight to it and probably one of the most significant ones of the last decade.

• Members

Y&R has a lot

Jennifer Brooks

Phillip Chancellor

John Abbott

Liz Foster

Nathan Hastings

Rex Sterling

Tony Viscardi

Hope Adams

Diane Jenkins

Cassandra Rawlings

Ryan McNeil

Bobby Marsino

Colleen Carlton

Keesha Monroe

Cassie Newman

• Members

OLTL:

Didi O'Neill

Steve Holden

Megan Gordon Harrison

Sarah Gordon Buchanan (The second time around)

Luna Moody (YES!)

Drew Buchanan

Al Holden (NO!)

And I have a feeling you guys were saving this one for me:

Gabrielle Medina (OH HELL NO. One of the show's biggest mistakes was not only killing her off in the first place, but never reversing it at the end. For all the good Malone did, I will hold this against him FOREVER mad.gif .)

• Members

Ah, Didi O'Neil. She and Bo were a couple when I started watching OLTL so she was my favorite of his wives/girlfriends. I would have liked to have seen Barbara Treutelaar return as his heavenly guide (although I liked the Bo-Gabrielle coupling too) but it appears her last on screen appearance anywhere was 20 years ago.

Regarding Renee DiMera on DAYS, she's been dead for nearly 30 years and I'd be surprised if that changed at this point. When you think about how temporary death is in Salem, it's kind of a surprise that she hasn't come back somewhere along the way -- the villainous daughter of the town's most notorious villain. The Anna/Renee rivalry was terrific but way too short-lived.

I haven't seen Jenny Gardner Nelson from AMC mentioned.

• Members

David Stenbeck (the second one) and Bryant Montgomery. I understand Bryant's "sticking", but David was a Stenbeck FCOL. If they could have gotten Danny Markle back, I'd have welcomed him back with open arms.

• Members

While she has appeared as a demon (during the possession crap) or a ghost, Isabella's death has stuck, which depresses me. She and RoJohn were great together, and Drake Hogestyn seemed to actually make an effort to act with Staci Greason.

And Marlena's (UGH!) sister Samantha has remained dead.

Another I just recalled: Mary Duvall on Santa Barbara, but that is likely because Harley Kozak refused to return (she went on to movies for a bit, so I don't blame her).

Archived