GH: Alternative

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Llanview, Pine Valley, and Corinth are all suburbs of Philadelphia inspired by the region Agnes Nixon calls home. They were never intended to be exclusively affluent, but each town has sections/residences inspired by the real life Philly Main Line 'burbs (the Tyler/Cortlandt/Chandler homes, Llanfair/La Boulaie/Alexandria, the Alden estate, et cetera). Corinth was inspired by real life college towns in the region like Swarthmore and Haverford, but I believe Bryn Mawr specifically.

Each town was meant to be a relatively short ride away. Just imagine your own town, and towns that are one or two towns over. Llanview being "across the bridge" is something I don't think came about until the famous opening sequence. Even still, it's like crossing Key Bridge from Georgetown to Arlington, not a big trek. Characters crossed between and mentioned these three towns casually on each show that implied their very close proximity.

Whenever PC was mentioned as being in upstate New York, I assumed Westchester or Rockland County, but by upstate they mean UP state.

• Members

I don't ever go to Michael Fairman's site because my virus alert said no, but I read a part of Jason Thompson's interview elsewhere and I think he said that they just told him, out of the blue right before an episode, that Patrick was hooked on pills. With "writing" like this no wonder the story sucks.

• Members

I'm sure it has more to do with the actors minimums than anything. I doubt Jason Thompsons mins are any higher than 6 to 8 days a month and they probably used a lot of his days earlier in the year. It's sloppy that's for sure but what else is new.

• Members

I agree. I tried my hardest to make it work in my head... FAILED! The only way that it would work is if Jack was, at the most, 12 years old when Todd came back. Otherwise, a teenage Jack has no reason not to recognize his father after an 8 year absence.

Archived