GH: Alternative

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

But has he said anything since then? I understand that he didn't think to say anything until he thought Sonny killed Cole (Actually I don't understand that at all. An ex-FBI agent is living in Llanview which is what - 50 miles tops - from Port Charles and through his 10-ish years of dealing with rapists, serial killers and petty thugs - or even just reading the freaking newspaper - JohnnyMac never runs across the name "Sonny Corinthos?" Really?! Whatever. So I guess what I mean is I understand hack writing) but now that John has set up shop in PC, reconnected with his "old" FBI mentor Anna and left his girlfriend and kid in Llanview, it would make sense for there to be a throwaway line or scene where John mentions that he told "Mikey" about Buffy (or whatever the sister's name is).

ETA: Thank you SoapBoy and Cheap for your response!

• Members

Really? So be it. I will bow to your wisdom. For some reason I've always thought of Pine Valley, Llanview, Port Charles and Corinth to be little more than an hour's drive away from each other.

(I won't ask where the Pine Valley Ocean and Llantano Mountain fit into all this.)

• Members

I never got that impression. Then again I think it depends when you started watching. Port Charles was a few hours away from the others as GH took place in western NY. Pine Valley is the nearest to Philadelphia, then Llanview and Corinth are further away. Llanview is on the other side of the river, and closer to real world Harrisburg, PA (The 80s OLTL opening uses Harrisburg to double as Llanview, and that is about 3-4 hours from NYC and the NY State border.)

• Members

No its not. Its in the western area around Syracuse and Rochester, NY.

PC is closeer to Syracuse and I blieve PV is closer to Philadelphia. There's a reason why they take a plane to go from Llanview to PC bc if it was 50 miles, they'd just drive

• Members

That was never the case. It wasn't even discerned until the mid 1970s that Port Charles was even in New York state. The Nixon shows were sister cities, but I don't ever remember GH being a part of that "sisterhood" until the whole Rae Cummings/Anna Devane situation at the turn of the century.

• Members

Hee! Can I just say that I love the level of wonkiness being displayed here?

Admittedly, I've never given much consideration to the actual geography of these soap towns. Although there was a time on OLTL when it seemed like there was a wormhole that lead directly to Atlantic City.

• Members

I thought that Llanview and Pine Valley bordered each other from the bridge. Also that Corinth was outside Pine Valley and Port Charles was a commuter train ride away from Llanview. Back when EON aired Monticello was somewhere near one of the cities and also when the Young Marrieds "Queen's Point" aired it was and still is a suburb of Port Charles. Someone need to make a map of the cities of Soap Operas.

• Members

Llanview and Pine Valley are definitely not far from each other. I remember that they seemed to be quite close during the baby switch storyline. I think they are both supposed to be not far from Philadelphia. Although it seemed like people went to New York a lot more often than Philly.

Archived