GH: Huff post article about how RC/FV are doing so far

• Members

I'll admit it. I see the same worthless Mick Jagger impression as always from Michael Easton, and I see no chemistry in "How do I know you? How do I know you? How do I know you?" Kelly and Easton only had chemistry in their early Port Charles stories. It was gone by the end of that show, much less a decade later.

Funny, since "Cartini" clearly want us to hate him.

The only one she knows is Todd. Starr was a child and she never knew Mouthbreather McBain. Given that RC slept through the show in recent years I can't imagine how she'd react when she's against non-actors like Easton or Howarth.

It's so sweet that he thinks RC remembers that Anna was on AMC. Hell, I doubt he even knows Skye was on AMC.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well I never watched Port Charles never interested me which is perhaps why this appeal Easton seems to hold with some escapes me. He and Kelly to me are no better or different than she and Burton. The only one I ever liked Sam with and saw energy and chemistry with on GH was GV's Lucky.

• Members

I don't know why people continue to hang on to the fallacy that turning GH into some kind of soap opera mass grave will work. For every new viewer they get, the show will alienate one they already have plus the new ones are unlikely to stick around because the characters won't be consistent with what they remember and their history on the other show will get crapped upon. Ron can't even keep track of his own stories from month to month.

• Members

its not blaming a writer that left a year ago. Im not the one here complaining about Carly's writing, therefore Im not blaming any of them for anything. You are the one that is acting like this isnt conistent with Carly's character and it is as she has been written like this for years. You fail to acknowledge that it was the great GW taht brought Carly back into the mob fold, which she allegedly left for good this last time (as if she hasnt done so a dozen times already)

And oh please, I am not a Cartini fan or apologist. Their GH is FAR from perfect and Im not one of the posters on here who fushed about it as if it is. Carly today is the same Carly she always is.

• Members

I do find it a little ironic that OLTL, the show that was treated like an ugly/unwanted stepsister of AMC and GH for many years, is now supposed to 'save' GH. I think Ron and Frank are talented, but I think their skills would be better suited to a fluffier soap like Days or BB. Their version of GH is entertaining, but it is not GH.

• Members

It's entertaining, but I agree with him there needs to be bolder story choices. They're moving too slow and they don't have time for that. Get ratings up and everything in place, then you can slow down. The stripper story, Lisa Niles and Memphis should've all been written out and replaced with new stories by now. THere is a lot of good here, but still a lot of bad and more of the same.

• Members

That's where I agreed too--as well The thing about Sonny/Carly? Jason is usually we could blame Frons. "Frons loves them so don't blame Cartooni for having to use them." Are the execs even paying attention to GH right now? And the thing about picking up unpopular stories is spot on.

While this is not an excuse, I believe the reason they kept Memphis was just so she could be murdered by Heather which seems obviously where they are going. I mean she's appeared only enough otherwise to make sure we know she's still there...

• Members

See this just reminds me of the people who act like everything in the US was going just great until Obama came along and ruined it. It's not like Cartini are doing a great job, but they inherited a mess. It's not like everything on GH was just peachy, or had been in years, until they came along.

• Members

We are not in disagreement here, but why pile goat chit on top of vomit? Wolf's biggest challenge was pacing but he had a good idea of where the characters needed to go. Getting them there was his problem. Wolf's inexperience showed. He had very good intentions, however. The 2 headed clown came in and regressed the characters to retell 2006/7/8. For all the Guza hate, I'm left scratching my head at the Cartini love when they are repeating his work. The only thing that's different is the ridiculously shameful DID story that has an actress running around like a stoned chicken! Cartini has proven that they don't give a damn about GH or its characters. If they did, they would not rerun old garbage biding time till their precious Todd is here.

Nothing that jackass and his boo have done thus far is original, creative or interesting!

ANDREA

• Members

They've had time to make some improvements. So far everything is worse and nothing is better.

We've got DID and ambiguous rape. Wonder where we've seen that before? We've got characters whose pasts have been rewritten.

Like the writer of the HP article said, they need to get a move on. Howarth isn't going to save this mess, even if they believe he can walk on water, nor will Easton or Alderson. If they were all that great, why is their show dead and buried?

I'm all for giving your unemployed friends a helping hand, but this is excessive.

Archived