GH: Huff post article about how RC/FV are doing so far

• Members

I never had any issues with those characters other than Jason. Stories totally different. GH just hasn't changed from being centered around the same people. And I'm not seeing any great shakes from John McBain being around. If people enjoy having some of the vets back that's great. It's nice to see Anna and the writing for Luke is better. Other than that I don't see a whole lot different. But to each his own.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If I had my way, I would flush the last 20 years of GH down the toilet, have an episode where Felicia wakes up a la "Dallas" and tells Robert her horrible dream where Port Charles was overrun by mobsters and faux-Cassadines who try their best not to be Cassadines. That list could have been different characters. Jax, Carly, Lulu, Sam, Sonny and Patrick work just as well as characters I would erase with a magic wand. So true, the show is still dominated by Sonny, but it throws me a bone with Heather, Anna and their Monty-era friends once in a while. I admit it is a little wackier now in an OLTL kind of way, but that is a lot better than Guza at his pinnacle where we would see whole episodes of Carly and Courtney just discussing nothing but being front burner while doing so because they were named Carly and Courtney. If GH wants to kill cakes and have people trapped in mirrors and that is the price I have to pay for literally not seeing Jason on for a week, so be it.

• Members

If they did a dream like Dallas Id be fine if only the last 10 years (2002-) didnt exist. GUZA was fine with Wendy Riche as EP since she actually told him hell to the no on stuff. buy anything since Guza's 2002 comeback with Pratt can go.

• Members

It's because of GUZA, PHELPS & FRONS we have the GH we do now. They killed, dismantled & wrote so many legendary characters as strangers. Im sorry they may not be there now but they left destruction in their wake which may never be fully cleaned up.

• Members

RC & FV are Talented but its gonna take more than 3 months to clean up 10 years of Crap GH was put thru

Its only been three months since FV took over as EP (Feb 1 was his first air show) & about 10 weeks since RC's scripts began airing (Feb 21st)

• Members

Well, someone brought up that at least Guza feels like GH where current GH does not. It seems difficult to discuss modern GH without factoring Guza into the discussion because so much of what we compare the new stuff to must be compared to Guza. George Steinbrenner has not owned the Yankees for a while, but his presence was so dominating the last 20 years it is impossible to discuss the Yankees without the Steinbrenner era as context and a potential starting point of reference.

• Members

I think the show is very watchable and there is potential and so many of the characters are written well, but they need MORE. The GH of the last 10 years is not GH. They need to rebrand the show and create a new GH with a new focus, tone, look and feel--a true reboot. I'm okay with OLTL characters if they make sense, but Starr's storyline is TERRIBLE. She's a perfect fit for the show, but the story with Hope dying is sick and has sunk the character. Had they brought her on positively in a LIGHT story (havent Michael and Starr had enough dark stories?) it would've worked. John McBain is fine too, but keep it there for now.

And if you look at things, we still have Sonny, Miscast!Kate, Carly and Jason at the center. At the very least, only Jason is a viable lead character since his history has been so wasted and Sonny and Carly both need to be supporting and in radically different type of stories. These writers are too scared not to center everything on Sonny/Carly/Jason written in their most disliked state and thats why ratings remain low.

• Members

It's a matter of personal taste as to whether RC is an improvement. I liked some of what he did on OLTL, Kish, Echos return and that storyline but mostly I found the show campy and offensive. It's no diff to me than liking a few things on GH. What I did like was him using Asas death as a catalyst. They could have used Robins death for the same thing. I think the point folks are missing is something the author said. This is not a show and writing team acting like GH is on its last legs, they seem to be meandering along. Sure it take time but while I think the Days reboot was a failure, they actually reset the show. Brought back vets, ended stories and started new ones. This is not 1977 and they don't have years to realign the show. And I don't think GH is safe I don't care what the bloggers and soap press say.

Archived