GH: Huff post article about how RC/FV are doing so far

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You're the only one who's continuously singing that one-note tune! Nobody's saying "GH was the gold standard of soap opera" before these looney toons came along. They're saying that GH has been running amok the last 9 years and these two are taking it even further off course with their so-called "storytelling" and "production."

The first order of business should NOT have been doing the fanfic "The Flintstones meet the Jetsons" crossover bore. Get the damn families back in check. Figure out what to do with what's left of the Quatermaines. Gonna do a Heather Webber story? Re-establish the Webbers (via Steve, Liz and her kids) first. And for the love of God, you had Mac, Anna, Robert and Maxie all on canvas at the same time, as well as the idea of bringing back Felicia... and you don't take ANY time to rebuild the Scorpio brand?

No. Instead, we get weeks of screeching Starr, gnashing her teeth all over the place. We get weeks Kooky Konnie. Weeks of Sonny acting like the innocent, misunderstood mobster wrapping up in the quickest murder trial ever. Weeks of watching Carly and Johnny have sex. Weeks of Sam whispering to McBain the innerworkings of her marriage to Jason behind Jason's back in a feeble attempt to capitalize upon a pair of actors who hadn't shared the screen in almost 10 years...

NONE of these things have been anything looking like a solid restructuring of GH as a viable soap opera.

• Members

Try as hard as I might, but I can't find the overwhelming post stating the show was in great shape. Not here or in the monthly GH thread, so I'm confuzzled. Cartini sucks is usually countered with "this is how they inherited the show". Not sure if the Cartooni fans are aware that this "argument" does not mean that Cartooni don't suck. They do. They suck monkey nuts! ReRon stated that they had nothing to work with (I beg to differ), so I guess he felt they needed to go back 6 years to get a start? What a colossal dummy! This is not even GH, and for the little time this show has left, the fans are stuck with these two? That's too harsh a punishment for anyone!

ANDREA

• Members

Agreed, and they should have just let Guza finish sinking the ship. Guza ruined GH; at the same time, Guza was able to develop a steady and enjoyable story that felt General Hospital. It is true that Wolfe left the new regime little to work with but certainly they could have written something better than the [!@#$%^&*] we are currently seeing.

GH has changed a lot over the past (almost) 50 years but, for sure, it has never been a hack OLTL rip off. Ideally, I would like to see the mobsters go legit; Bobby Spencer become a Madame after a round of hospital layoffs, and a discovery that Alan isn't really dead but, instead, being held hostage by Franco.

• Members

He was? Which story was that? For 15 years I have been watching mobsters and wondering if or when the real GH would ever come back. If not for Luke, Tracy, Edward, Robin and Lucky, I don't think anyone could even call the last umpteen years GH. Now with Anna back, Felicia, Robert and Holly cameos and Luke no longer a drunkard it looks like the real GH to me--at least when they are on. Still too much of the Corinthos Clan and anytime people like Nancy Lee Grahn, Kelly Monaco and Laura Wright show up my eyes glaze over, but I have more real GH characters now than I have had in years.

• Members

I agree with this. I haven't enjoyed Guza since his post McTavish return. He even managed to ruin the Brenda return he waited years for. Re: Cartini- For the first time in years, I actually make a point of watching the show daily instead of just catching it. Its not perfect but I think its enjoyable. The OLTL'ers replacing Wolf's newbies like Maggie and Woman in White is okay with me. I think more GH vets will pop back up in time but for now I'm happy with Anna & Felicia. Also, their material really hasn't been airing that long and they're still doing a lot of cleanup (the Lisa murder, the stripper murders, the weird Steve New Orleans story)- I feel like from the second the OLTL casting was announced, people have been eager to hate on them and if we give them a little time, I think they really may turn things around.

• Members

You are right, There is Cecila and Alexandria Quartermaine (they both are alive right?), Jimmy Lee Holt and his family, Lila's distant relatives. Where is Rick and Ginny Webber's Son, Tom Jr, Simone, and Tommy, Scotty Baldwin ties into both the Hardy family and Quartermaine family (Tom Jr. is his first cousin and Monica Q is his "sister" via Gail, though they never acknowledge that)

• Members

I guess if I thought Nik, Emily, Alexis, Liz, Jason, and all their 00s pals felt like GH then this would not, but as it happens it only takes 3 seconds of seeing Felicia and Anna together to trump 10 years of the all the others. It does remind me of OLTL but considering how awful GH has been for so long I am not so sure that is a bad thing. I hear no talk about shipments or territory, but I do see Heather Webber, Felicia and Anna. Heather, Felicia, Anna and Luke are the real GH to me, so this is a no brainer on which GH speaks to me, Guza's or now.

Archived