GH: Huff post article about how RC/FV are doing so far

• Members

I don't see why Cartini can't backburn Sonny, Carly and Jason a bit? I get they still have their fans but why must they still be the center of this show? I won't watch it. I can see clips of Anna, Felicia and Heather online. Yes, this show is a bit better than Guza's GH, but it's still focusing on the same dam# 3 characters. It doesn't inspire any of the lost viewers to tune back in.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree that KA was a great fit- with Lexi gone, there was a gaping hole for a younger female lead and it made sense to try to grab some OLTL fans. But now I think it was a mistake to bring her over as Starr. As an OLTL fan who remembers the day she started, I was so excited to have her because it meant Todd & Blair visits. But to free her up to stay In PC, they had to get rid of Cole/Hope, which pissed off GH fans because it was more mob darkness the week of Robin's death and pissed off OLTL fans because they killed a baby and ruined Starr's happy ending in the finale. As much as I love Todd Manning, I now think bringing KA over as a recast Serena Baldwin or even a really SORASED Lila Rae would have worked better and spared everyone the whole OLTL is taking over GH complaining.

• Members

I think Carly and Jason could still work as a Spencer and Q, but Sonny's time is up. Guza gave him ties by having him knock up so many women. All of the kids are grown. Time to cut him loose. There is no story left for Sonny. As much I absolutely love LW as Carly, I dont quite get the enormous screen time right now. She is not contributing to any story and hasn't been for months! There was a time I could watch LW play this character 8 days a week, but Cartooni's Carly can take a flying leap! Or should I say Blair 2.0. That's exactly who she is now. Gotta prep her for Todd, so she needs to be passive and stupid! Jason is pointless without a gun in hand, but he's still a Q.

But whatever! [!@#$%^&*] Cartooni!

ANDREA

• Members

The show is a mess! The show needs a new family, and I guess the one benefits to the Manning family is that they are ready made; however, without Blair, I don't see this even working. I do agree with the posters who say it is time for Sonny to go. Also, why not bring back Lucy or Scotty?

• Members

Cartooni has taken care of the Blair thing by morphing Carly into Blair 2.0 (passive and stupid). Why have a 50 year old Blair when you can have a 40 year old Blair? Why else would they leave KDP out of this equation?

So not interested!

ANDREA

• Members

My thoughts exactly.

There is no way in HELL that what Guza shat out is anywhere near what the real GH was, which is why I keep on calling BS on the idea that Cartini "ruined" GH.

Guza ruined this show long before the subsequent team came around and while I'm not expecting GH ever be the wonderful show that it was in the 90s, what I've seen from the new regime is a hell of a lot better than what that hack vomited up.

Archived