B&B: Introducing lesbian storyline; DAYS, GL vet joins cast

• Members

I see your point, but when was the last time Karen had scenes which were not about introducing/interacting with the Spencers? I thought she'd been gone for years and then returned solely to mourn for her father and introduce Bill.

It's not that I don't believe Karen has to be straight. I just never looked at Karen and said, "Wow, she must be a lesbian." She hasn't been used in any capacity beyond sister or mother in a long time. I know Johnson had scenes where ghost Caroline talked to Ridge, but I thought those were OK scenes - I still felt the old bond between Caroline and Ridge.

I don't know, it just seems like mad libs, or something. I just wish we knew how often Karen is going to be on. I didn't think Johnson did acting at this point.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Let's be frank, CC did her best with what was an awful (and often hilarious) storyline. Her drug addiction amounted to her having to huff and puff across Salem, breaking pencils and barking at people and crying and staring wistfully at Shawn Christian and Melissa Reeves.

This was the only point she got some good material:

• Members

I wonder if CC will get the same bad make-up job that they give Joanna Johnson. I don't know if it's the high-definition, or the make-up artists thinking that piling on the pancake batter on all actors over 40 will make them look younger, but she particularly had an awful color to her face.

• Members

What I don't understand is if Karen and this woman are already partners, how is this a romantic lesbian story soap style?

CC is alright. I can take her or leave her. I agree that her botox use is out of control.

As for JJ, she and Ron were amazing as a couple back in the day. I was in love with Caroline and Ridge. They had a great romantic love with chemistry to spare.

• Members

Thomas would work better gay and as a supporting character. I wish they'd tried more with Oliver and also Marcus. Of course they'd probably have to recast Marcus in order for him to be viable, but he's more interesting in theory than Thomas.

Archived