B&B: Introducing lesbian storyline; DAYS, GL vet joins cast

• Members

I honestly don't know how I feel about this. I like CC and thought her Days return ended up being a raw deal for her. However I never took the whole Olivia/Natalia story seriously at all it seemed to be a big haha to me (that and the reveal that Doris was a lesbian too). My guess is this story will be the same way. Karen didn't really seem to work as a character back in the early 90s this seems to be a strange choice for a story that will only last about five minutes.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

How long is Crystal supposed to be around? Is this just going to be some sort of "we really love gays, stop bugging us" short term appearance where Karen and Danielle marry for sweeps?

If she's around long term I don't see her staying a lesbian.

• Members

If she even lasts that long.

Any way you cut it, this is a horrible casting choice. When did CC become the go-to lesbian for daytime? I wonder what we'll see first? Some awkward "display of affection" between Karen and X, or CC's Venice-hawking underwear.

• Members

It is precisely this SL which would pull her out of acting retirement. It has been great to see her again, IMO.

Really? I disagree. JJ had killer chemistry with Ronn Moss back in the day and with Jim Storm who played her father. And then there was her chem with SF and KKL, too.

I like CC. She'd better not stir it up backstage, though. Brad Bell will shut that down if she does (buh-bye Sean Kanan, Joe Mascolo). I'm willing to wait and see with this story.

• Members

I thought Joanna had romantic chemistry with Ronn Moss back in the day, but as of this decade, I haven't seen anything with any of the males on the show. She does come off very hard and just not interested, in that regard. This is a plot twist that makes perfect sense and actually seems planned (although we know it wasn't).

• Members

She hasn't been used in any romantic capacity since about 1994. She was OK with Scott Thompson Baker during the Karen/Connor story.

I don't think it is necessarily unbelievable that she has been a lesbian and has been raising a daughter with her partner for decades, but it seems grafted on. I can't really get into Karen's character makeup because Joanna Johnson only appears a few times a year. It just feels like they are having her in this to give story to other people. Which is OK, don't get me wrong, but they could have just as easily said that she was secretly married to Billy Warlock and they found Caroline left on their hotel doorstep while doing their own cross-country country and western tour. I really hope they have an actual story planned for Danielle. I am very wary of her being like Reese on AMC.

• Members
You dont have to be in a relationship with someone (or teasing one) to have romantic chemistry with someone you act against. IA with Chris in that she had it back in the day but not now. Something about her comes across very masculine and she comes more like a buddy then potential love interest. I heard of the lesbian rumors with her and attributed it to that. I guess its why them making Karen one now doesnt shock me.

Yeah back in the day. Nearly 20 years later, that chemstry isnt there anymore

Archived