Popular pairings which abruptly ended

• Members

I'm not talking about couples where an actor wanted to leave the show. I'm talking about a pairing where an actor was fired, or the show just for some reason decided to break the couple up and move them into separate stories.

Some fans in the AMC thread were mentioning this with David and Erica, that they were split up because of Bianca's lesbian storyline, supposed to reunite, but the show never did.

I guess another would be Erica and Jeremy, who seemed to be extremely popular, and then yanked apart and never hinted at getting back together again.

Were there any which stood out for you, or really annoyed you?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

There seemed to be a lot of love for Bobby and Nikki on Y&R as he was the first guy that was a viable option to Victor.But they went with Bobby and Brittany.

Paul and Cassandra were built up as a major couple but as the story meandered along,Cassandra moved toward Victor and then Brad before being killed off.

• Members

May not be hugely popular but Aidan and Kendall on AMC instantly come to mind. They had alot of momentum back in 2003, but then Ryan returns and they instantly end as she's put back with him.

GH's Jason and Liz back in 2002 when they put him with Kung Fu Kitty

• Members

I think Jeremy/Erica ended because AMC was going through a change in headwriters as well as producers around 1986/1987. Speaking of AMC, I would add Brooke/Edmund to the list, although it wasn't so much that they broke up as it was they didn't get back together or play up the triangle more with Maria after Edmund had married her. It would've been preferable to all the endless baby woe, anyway.

Not a couple, but I think it was a mistake for GH to get rid of Decker -- I can't remember though if that was the actors choice or Gloria Monty's.

• Members

AJ and Courtney had a pretty good fan base. But then Guza became HW and the solution was obvious: Once again belittle AJ and have the woman who loved him choose Jason the Great over his loser brother.

Also, I think Ben and Valene from Knotts Landing is a good example.

• Members

thats assuming both characters will even be around long enough. Marcus is nothing more than window dressing and Donna, well....she's useless with Brooke and Katie around as the lead Logan sisters

speaking of which another abrupt end to a couple at that time was Jax and Skye so they could recreate his romance with Brenda. That one still pisses me off

Archived