Popular pairings which abruptly ended

• Members

I guess you couldn't call it abrupt, but I thought it was a mistake to split John/Lucinda and not reunite them. It took almost 20 years for them to get back together, in the show's last few days.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

GH - Carly & Lorenzo

Y&R - Bobby & Nikki

B&B - Brooke & Thorne, Bill & Steffy (so far).

In the case of GH and Y&R, the popular CarLo and Bobby & Nikki pairings were axed as a result of internal power plays. Maurice Benard told a fan event at the the time that he went to "the boys" (Guza and Pratt) to get Carly back with Sonny because he didn't appreciate the pairing's popularity. Meanwhile, John Enos has hinted that Eric Braeden gave an ultimatum to Bells and Jack Smith over the Bobby & Nikki romance.

• Members

DAYS:

-Phillip & Belle: MM's Belle and JKJ's Phillip. Belle had divorced KB's Phillip and got back together with Shawn. Then Phillip & Belle had their steamy affair. They had loads of chemistry, but it seemed like Corday didn't want to damage his Shelle pairing, so he reunited Shawn & Belle and sent them packing.

-Nick & Chelsea: One of the few good pairings by Hogan. Nick and Chelsea were great together. Then Nick got obsessed with Willow and then Melanie. It didn't help either when Nick slept with Chelsea's mom Billie. Then Chelsea fell for Jett Carver and Max.

-Austin & Greta: I thought they were great together. I wish the show would have kept Greta around.

-Brandon & Lexie: Smoking hot. Very soapy storyline with Lexie having sex with her stepson (Although, she didn't know he was Abe's son) then Lexie turning up pregnant. I wish they would have continued on with the pairing, but the show seemed like they wanted to redeem Lexie.

• Members

Ooh yes, they should've continued with a Brandon/Lexie/Abe angle and brought out the revelation that they're father & son much earlier.

Austin & Greta, Austin & Nicole, both couplings hinted at but never went far enough because he was still with Samantha Gene.

• Members

which I never got bc Sami was just so awful and I found nothing rootable about her with Austin. They should have kept him with Greta. They had the makings of being a very good couple and the best thing for him post-Carrie

• Members

What's worse is last year Victor was telling off Nikki and mentioned Bobby along with David Chow and Deacon as bad men she's been involved with. Which was something further than the truth. Was Braeden in contact negotiations at the time, because I remember for a long time there in 2004 he was blabbing to the press he wasn't getting any airtime and Victor went off in search of Victoria for some time. Such a messy year for Y&R I don't remember quite well.

Fox and Theresa on Passions, for some reason in spite of the heavy chemistry(Korman and Hartley ending up getting married in real life) the show never fully went through on it. Instead of actually doing something different JER went for Theresa/Ethan/Gwen round 12 which I thought was a mistake for any progress the show could make, and I knew the show was dead.

Ed and Holly on GL in 2002/2003 after dropping Maureen Garnett to recurring inexplicably.

I don't know how popular Mike and Jennifer got on ATWT but their split was extremely abrupt and they never shared anything else after that. Mike wasn't even around for Jen's funeral.

Dusty and Bonnie on ATWT, I'm still trying figure that one out.

• Members

Days:

Hope & Patrick (I liked them)

Roman & Kate

John & Isabella

Jack & Sami (though not a couple they were good together)

Lucas & Cassie (ruined by making them siblings)

Deborah Adair's Kate & Tony (idk if they were going to go that route but they had chemistry)

Deborah Adair's Kate & Jack - same as above.

Don Craig & Maggie (Higley could have created a Victor/Maggie/Don story.)

EJ & Arianna - it was something there!

• Members

Lucas and Cassie def. had potential, especially with Kate and Cassie's rivalry. But stupidly they gave Kate two more kids who are NEVER mentioned nowadays, and she and Roman literally have no relationship. Josh Taylor is so lucky he's one of Cordays bff's.

• Members

AMC- Ryan & Kendall

Jake & Liza

AW- Jake & Vicky (Eplin & Heche)

Cass & Kathleen (the redux)

ATWT- Dusty & Meg, Pt. I (all for Dennifer, BLECH)

Mike & Katie (for Simon's first awful short return and PILAR!)

B&B- Connor & Brooke

Connor & Sheila

THORNE & BROOKE x 1,000,000

DAYS- Austin & Nicole

GH- AJ & Julia

OLTL- David & Tina

Joey & Dorian

Cord & Blair

SB- Mason & Mary

SUN- TIM & ANNIE (DUH!)

Ricardo & Gabi

Y&R- Brad & Ashley (Diamont/Epperson)

BRAD & SHARON

Nick & Avery

• Members

I am going back to some of the dearly departed soaps I loved but from Santa Barbara I would have to say Ric & Kelly were seperated way too quickly and they were popular. The writers decided to put Kelly with Robert. I also feel Fox from Passions got a raw deal with both Theresa and Whitney. And finally I think Port Charles broke up Jamal & Allison too quickly in favor of Allison and Rafe.

Archived