GH: Discussion for the Month of March

• Members

In theory, yes, but Patrick doesn't seem to have a lot of concern for shared pain. Robert is wrapped up in his own pain, and Anna is just going through the motions. I don't think any of these people would want to be together.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's so weird because David Hayward is one crossover character who makes sense. He doesn't put down roots (because everyone hates him lol) and his Project Orpheus could be an easy explaination to bring people like Alan, Georgie and Emily back. Plus I thought his chemistry with Finola Hughes was just flawless. Most importantly, on a show called GENERAL HOSPITAL, you'd have this amazing actor playing a very interesting doctor. I think that would've been an obvious choice.

• Members

Watching parts of Monday's show (I ended up skipping Bensonhurst Sybil as I still don't see the hilarity in mentally ill people who are desperate for sex), and I wish they had not put a suicide attempt and Starr learning of the cliff carnage on the same day. The tone was so grim, which is what drove people from GH in the first place.

I see that it's clever for the show to focus Starr's trauma on Michael, who is well-established to GH viewers. I don't care for Starr's reaction having to repeatedly mention Michael and his "promise", cutting to him having the sads in the corridor, but I guess I get the idea. As always KDP is very understated and adds to any scene she's in. KA did a decent job as well.

Today's show was blonde on blonde on blonde on blonde. I hope they get in a serial killer soon.

• Members

Leora and Anna's entire relationship with David happened during the time I dropped the show (2002 - summer 2003). I really only caught the tail end of it as she was leaving the show so I dont have any memories of her pregnancy and struggles and only caught the death

• Members

I don't think anyone on the show (other than, uh, Robin, but nevermind) knows much about Leora. But if any writer is going to have Anna mention her, it would be RC.

I don't think the Connie stuff was really about sex so much as Connie was trying to secure an ally against Sonny. I found her infinitely less vapid than Tess, and a lot more tolerable in terms of actually seeming to care for the host despite her insults. I cannot believe this is yet another DID story from Carlivati, but then again I'm not totally sure RC did not inherit this from Wolf. Wasn't this in motion before, or did RC create it in tweaks prior to this month?

(I will say that I think the idea of David Hayward turning up in the summer or fall with Anna hunting down Project: Orpheus and discovering Cole and Hope are alive is brilliant. That could give AMC fans a taste of PV, too - maybe Anna goes back there to find him.)

• Members

This is a pretty shoddy way for a long time character to go out but then RC does have a lot in common with Guza. Big shocking events that end up changing nothing. What do you bet Robin, Cole, and Hope are alive. And barring a few scenes the emotional fallout has been weak. Robert is one of my faves yet that scene with him wanting to kill himself was so unRobert like and those scenes with he and Luke fell flat to me. And Mac is off with the Starr ish when the woman he raised is dead? There have been some good scenes here and there but overall the writing around this seems very shallow.

I have no desire to see that crappy project orpheus ish on GH. Helena Cassadine brought a frozen Stavros back to life in her underground lab under GH with Tonys help if I recall. She could have Robin, Georgie, Emily, Alan, AJ all frozen and alive with an undead Tony keeping them that way,

• Members

She knew Anna her whole life, she just thought it was a family friend named Luv while she lived with her grandmother--until late 1985, but yes, she didn't see her again after she was kidnapped in early 1992 for around nine years.

Once she knew who her parents were, though, they meant so much to her (and the viewers) that she felt their loss in 1992 as if she'd always known they were her parents, and such happiness when she found out they were alive in 2001 (Anna) and 2006 (Robert--although that one took a little more time). Not to sound too corny or anything.

Robert and Mac might--Robert in particular, as I think R&A were briefly back together after NS2 and when Robin got married.

Archived