ALL: Soap Stars - Where are they now?

• Members

I don't consider Charity Rahmer a soap star either, even if she had a long term contract and was let go quickly. To me a Cam is a soap opera alum as he was on Y&R...if a famous person is a guest on a soap as themselves they aren't a soap star or alum, if they play an actual character I'd begrudgingly use alum. I don't even consider the actors who appeared on online AMC or OLTL who weren't on the shows prior to the web as soap stars (except if I said star of the online version of AMC or star of the online version of OLTL).

Getting back on topic, Tina Sloan (Lillian from GL) tweeted earlier this week that she was at an event where she saw Susan Lucci and Agnes Nixon at the next table chatting.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I'd consider the people who were only on the online versions of AMC or OLTL as soap alums, not soap stars--the same way I see other actors who were on soaps for a short amount of time. I should have clarified that, sorry. (Once I read an article, where writer referenced Ron Raines as a OLTL star, and he appeared on less than 10 episodes of the online version. He wasn't a OLTL star even if due to his time on GL, I would consider him a GL star or a soap opera star.) The shows didn't last long enough in that format to get any new performers to the point of being stars within the genre though they were stars of that version. I don't consider people who are alumni of short-lived prime-time soaps as soap stars regardless of how large their role was either. (I could ramble on this for hours.)

Kelly Sullivan wouldn't be the first to get a job on a kids' show after appearing in daytime.

• Members

I also wanted to mention that Annie Wershing (ex-Amelia,GH) was on the Hallee Berry's summer replacement show premiere Extant.

I dont know if she qualifies as a soap star to others but she does to me. I loved Amelia and she was perfect for sonny considering she had no qualms about using the manwhore for mind-bending sex and nothing else :)