One Life To Live- FINALE- Friday 1/13/2012

• Members

Great cliffhanger, but I think I liked yesterday more. I wish they worked in a flashback here or there, but I guess there was no time. The whole Tea/Tomas portion was a giant waste of time to be frank, but I did like that a new Buchanan was born, even if Asa never met any of these people in his living room. The Viki and Clint stuff seemed a little padded. Love seeing Allison again, it was nice to see Brody too.

Farewell Llanview.

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/j0zIEX4upzc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

While the ATWT finale remains the gold standard for soap conclusions, I enjoyed the OLTL finale as well. (I am most grateful for the happy ending the Buchanan family received.) My only major complaint was that the final scene should have showcased Viki and her family. Though interference from PP is to blame, the final scene's emphasis should have been about closure instead of a cliffhanger.

Also, it was very regrettable that relatively few major veterans returned for the last few weeks. OLTL certainly had plenty of time with which to do this. (And even AMC did a considerably better job on this score.)

• Members

Wow. I just got done with the DVR. I simply adored this finale episode. When you make me bawl like a baby (Bo/Nora- Viki Clint) and five minutes later have me jumping up and down clapping my hands at the Trevor reveal, you have done what a soap is supposed to do..

This was all I could ask for, and although I desperately wanted Erika in the final scene, the show left me with my heart pounding with excitement. Just like the old days. And I will never forget it.

• Members

I wish I was able to do that...

I remember it mostly because there was so much conflicting information, but there were reports of his comments at a fan event, and spec that his statement of not returning meant that he wasn't coming back to film anything else.

Archived