One Life To Live- FINALE- Friday 1/13/2012

• Members

You're gonna make me cry! OLTL was indeed a once in a lifetime show. I will miss it terribly, but somehow, surprisingly, I feel peaceful about it ending. It went out like a champ and I am proud of it - the show that the network didn't care about ended its run as ABC's #1 soap, both commercially and critically. And against the odds, to say the least! I am so grateful to all of the people involved in OLTL for their hard work, dedication and passion to entertain us.

But you know what? OLTL is imprinted on my brain - actors, storylines, cue music, theme songs, dialogue, etc, so I suppose it will never really leave me. And I am grateful for the on-line community that has come together to celebrate, remiinisce, and honor our show. :)

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It is true Dale, even that background music stays with you. These were actors playing parts, cheap cardboard sets, cameras, and writers hidden away in some building. But they built a real world.

Even On The View special, when They showed Tina marrying Max, and saying I take you Cord, the background music playing was SO 80's OLTL, they used it all the time. (I am a huge fan of 80's OLTL scores). This stuff is imprinted on my brain forever.

• Members

I read the whole thread through tonight after OLTL ended on Soapnet at 10 pm. What was nice is they didn't have a promo of that other show, but for GH so I didn't get annoyed at the end.

Bob Woods losing it, OMH I wanted to reach through the television and give him a hug.

So was the proposal the last scene that was filmed?

Little Drew, in my imagination Matthew moves into the mansion after they buy a new living room sofa.

Glad the Fraternity Row stuff was cut with Roxanne. That would have been too depressing.

Seeing Cole (even if it wasn't Brandon Buddy), with Langton, Starr and Markko erased some of the ugly.

This episode felt more like an season ender than a show ending, but that is understandable.

BL (who is shaking her head about Nelson Branco's comment about JvD because while some would consider JvD a silver fox, most seem to respect him enough to not be so crass in their appreciation.)

• Members

I really liked the final. My only wish was that Viki didn't have some huge cliff-hanger and she didn't. Yes Clint proposed but you know Viki would have said Yes. By this time next year she would have been Mrs. Viki Buchanan for the third time. It would have been interesting if she said no and then what.. he's living in her house LOL

The good thing was that the only real 'cliff-hangers" will probably be solved when Todd, Blair Star and John go to General Hospital. Thankfully i don't have to start a new soap because i've been watching General Hospital even before OLTL. I started watching that in early 1992 and then i started watching One Life on a semi-regular basis sometime in 1993. I don't watch GH on a dailey basis but my mother does so I know everytyhing that's going on and i watch it maybe once a week. but i'll especially be watching when the OLTL people come on. I hope they stay for longer than just the storyline. But i hope they get "melted" into the GH cavas instead of just throwing OLTL people into a new world.

It will be interesting to see the slut of Llanview Blair meet the slut of Port Charles Carly.

• Members

It get so depressed thinking about Monday. I watch other shows but this was the only one I knew I could just sit back and watch everyday, speculate on spoilers, reading cast news, even roll my eyes at Rex and Gigi propping now... nothing. :( I'm going to feel so empty Monday at 2pm.

• Members

Thanks SoapBoy for sharing the montage version my connection is slow so watching a video is impossible.

Today sitting at my desk not being able to watch I had knots in my stomach. And it was weird at one point in the day I started humming the Peabo though the slow version of the last theme comes into my head quite often.

Archived