One Life To Live- FINALE- Friday 1/13/2012

• Members

I'm with you there. It took me a few days to visit these message boards and comment because I've been so emotional thinking about the finale, but it truly was a great episode. I'm going to miss this show so, so much. I don't think I'll ever be that attached to any soap opera, any television show or any television characters ever again. OLTL will always have a special place in my heart. ABC can burn in hell.

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The Bo/Nora and Matthew/Let's name him Drew parts KILL me. Very hard to watch. I watched the finale 3 times and those are the parts that stick with me. And I must say that the Brody/Jessica scene has a very quiet poignancy and realness to it. It is sad and haunting in a weird way. And just the first scene where the camera pans across the pictures on the fireplace. My feeling has not changed that this finale was excellent. I am dreading tomorrow. Like with all deaths I think that sometimes the hardest part is when you realize that life goes on. That is the saddest part. In two years time will anyone remember this little show? :(

• Members

Yes I think people will remember this show. It has a long legacy and a lot of people who worked on it went on to further popularity. As long as we remember, that's all that counts. It isn't a soap that lasted 5 years, but over 40.

• Members

Florencia Lozano's facebook message:

I am sorry it's taken me a minute to post this message, asI know that there is a lot of sadness and grief around the ending of One Life. I, too, feel sad, but also incredibly grateful to have gotten the chance to tell you stories. I had the time of my life: pushing people out windows and being pushed, loving bad boys, pretending to be a mom. What we did was grueling and challenging in a variety of ways and I am proud of what we made. The important thing, it seems to me, is to continue to dream, to imagine, to explore and to play.

I cherish the opportunity being on a soap afforded me to risk looking like an idiot. I learned to be fearless and to laugh at myself. "Téa" will always be very special to me. The fact that fans responded to her struggles, to her despair, to her joy, to her pain and vulnerability and to her strength, means more to me than I can express. To have been watched, welcomed and appreciated by the fans is deeply fulfilling and endlessly humbling.

It will take me awhile to process this ending and I don't intend to rush that process: Endings must be honored as they signal new beginnings. To have been a part of Llanview's history and to have been amongst the company of actors, designers, directors, producers and crew at One Life will be something I carry in my heart every day of my life. It is an integral part of who I am.

Thank you for listening, for watching, for opening your hearts and your minds to our story.

I am excited to see what stories are yet to be told.

Mucho, MUCHO Amor

Siempre,

Flor

• Members

A transcription of what Frank Valentini said in the OLTL tribute mag about the end of the show

"I always think about fireworks. They are exciting and beautiful, and after they ignite they leave a trail of light. I'd like to think that we set off some fireworks and we're leaving a trail of light with our audience that in the back of their minds, they'll always see Natalie and Jessica and John and Viki and Bo and Nora and Renee and Nigel, and they'll think about them and they'll know that they always live on. So against the dark night of the show not being on anymore, if you look really closely, I think you still see a little bit of light."

• Members

Wow, so I'm listening to the RC podcast. He originally had planned for Tina to do her usual self-fulfilling prophecy shtick of people not believing in her and intended for her to keep the money from the will instead of returning it to Todd. Todd would then go on to frame Tina for Victor's murder and she'd be hauled off during the wedding ceremony. WHAT THE F?! Horrid, abysmal idea.

RC said we were supposed to see Dorian on the phone when she was helping Blair remove the bullet from Todd and David was used as a last-minute replacement for Dorian in his November appearances in which he's giving advice to Blair about Todd and Tomas.

• Members

This was already mentioned in the other thread, but apparently he only stopped the idea because he didn't want Todd to look bad. Not sure what that says of his view of Tina, especially since that may have been the last time we'd ever seen Tina.

• Members

I'm not a regular OLTL viewer, but I just had to watch the last two weeks of the show (as I did with AMC) and say that this was BY FAR the best send-off I have ever seen on a Daytime soap. Better than my Sunset Beach (which was actually pretty ok and in keeping with the tongue-in-cheek nature of the show) and far outstripping the sad, empty shells that were the AW and Santa Barbara finales. Whatever one may think of either Rona Carlivati's work or Frank Valentini's stewardship of the show, you can tell that from the HW down, everybody loved OLTL and wanted to put together the best possible episodes right up until the very end.

I loved how it all looked a million bucks, I loved how KDP and RH (who I recall used to despise each other back in the day) pulled out the chemistry and made Todd & Blair swoony and hot, I loved that Todd finally got caught on a crime he did, I loved how Victor was tied up and held prisoner by that crazy ho, Allison (the actress, BTW, I know she is much loved among fans but she's not that great, is she?). I loved how Tomas and Tea looked like they were going to jump each other.

What was especially moving were the tears evident in JvD, ES, BW, MA, RSW and HBS's eyes. I think it was pretty clear that it was the actors crying at having to say goodbye to the show and not the characters.

It was a beautiful tribute. Well done. I'm only sorry I won't be able to lurk on the OLTL threads anymore and read Cheap, Marceline, SFK, Antoyne, Carl, Vee, Eric, LlantanoInc's and others comments about the show.

• Members

^ That was a great post Cat.

So for everyone that typically watched Live, what are you going to do with your extra hour in the day? For me it'll be weird because on the days that I'm off from work I'll watch DAYS at one and then have an empty hour before GH and Y&R come on...On the days that I work, I guess I'll just go in earlier haha.

Archived