One Life To Live- FINALE- Friday 1/13/2012

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This last episode made me wonder just how different the show seemed to see Jessica to how she's actually been written.

"The fair maiden who always rescues herself"

When had Jessica ever done that?

Were there any photos of Joey shown in the various family photo groups?

• Members

So, finally got to watch the whole finale...

I get why the stories were separate - they wanted cliffhangers. I think the cliffhanger with Todd being arrested worked well. I don't care about any of that storyline, aside from feeling sorry for Blair, and laughing at Tomas kicking things around the room. What a failure this character was, aside from his relationship with Tea.

The Starr/Cole/Langston/Markko stuff had no place in the final episode. They were nice enough scenes but I couldn't figure out how Cole, who is supposed to be dead, would have a life with Starr, who wants a career in showbiz.

You know how I feel about Jessica, Clint, a "happy" family with the two of them or Viki, but I will admit I was moved by the scene where Clint and Viki told Jessica she was their bio daughter, and the reactions from Jessica and Natalie. It was a touching moment. I would have preferred Jessica visiting Brody at St. Anne's to Brody being released after a few months, but at least Brody had a happy and ambiguous ending.

Once I thought about it I loved the gesture of Matthew naming his son after Drew since Drew is the biggest reason he was conceived. Bo saying he was glad Matthew had "stepped up" annoyed me, since he's barely been out of a long coma for a month, but that didn't bother me as much as the lack of a moment where Clint, Viki, Jessica, or Natalie got the news about this new life. RC's decision to end most of the relationship between Bo and his nieces and Viki is one I've never understood.

Allison and the manuscript - it felt like a good cliffhanger for one story, but not the end of 43 years. I also thought most of it didn't sound like anything Allison would write, as it slowly drifted into generic fairy tale bathos.

So, other than the baby naming scene, the last Bo/Nora scene, Jessica learning the news, and Brody's return, I just felt like this was another episode.

• Members

:lol:

Soap-opera veteran Erika Slezak on the cancelling of One Life to Live, which aired its final episode today: “We were told the daytime audience doesn’t want entertainment anymore and that they just want information. Well, that’s the biggest load of bullshit. People always want entertainment.” Slezak was then abducted by a UFO driven by her amnesiac twin sister. [D Listed]

http://www.queerty.com/gossip-is-madonna-into-feet-is-sinead-still-married-is-paula-deen-a-danger-to-america-and-more-20120113/

Victoria "Viki" Lord Gordon Riley Burke Buchanan Carpenter Davidson Banks (as played by six-time Emmy winner Erika Slezak) - An era ends today as One Life to Live takes its last breath before it's buried forever in the Underground City of Eterna after 44 years and over 11,000 hours of scripted foolery. It will be replaced by THIS. 2012 is really fucking us up early.

http://dlisted.com/2012/01/13/hot-slut-day

Archived