One Life To Live- FINALE- Friday 1/13/2012

• Members

Wow. You guys are posting some awesome stuff. Thank you.

Sara Bibel (one of the better soap critics/bloggers- she was never too easy on OLTL like DC could be, calls OLTL's finale one of the best ever, up there with Six Feet Under! I completely agree.

http://xfinity.comcast.net/blogs/tv/2012/01/13/one-life-to-live-finale-leaves-me-wanting-more/

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have never been a fan of Frank Valentini's public statements but his interview in the special OLTL edition of OLTL is quite wonderful:

What were your goals for the end of the show?

" I always think about fireworks. They are exciting and beautiful, and after they ignite they leave a trail of light. I'd like to think that we set off some fireworks and we're leaving a trail of light with our audience that in the back of their minds, they'll always see Natalie and Jessica and John and Viki and Bo and Nora and Renee and Nigel, and they'll think about them and they'll know that they always live on. So against the dark night of the show not being on anymore, if you look really closely, I think you still see a little bit of light."

:( This is hard.

• Members

This is hard...thanks for sharing that Valentini quote as I really like .

Also appreciated what Dragonflies posted with that cast video. I don't like that version of Time of your life, but for once I did....

I nearly broke in the supermarket today (thinking about not being able to read spoilers in the store.)

Just finally watched Erika's 40th anniversary party footage. That was sad...made me weepy...

• Members

She did not give him an answer in the version I saw. Maybe the ABC recapper assumed she did? I think that if Erika had been directed to indicate an answer one way or the other, she would've done it. happy.png If Ron had wanted Viki to give an answer, he would've written one. If this was any other actor but Erika Slezak, I'd wonder if "smiling again like she had been doing at other things" was supposed to be an answer? But this was the final moment for "Viki." Erika apparently was directed to smile and given nothing more to say or do. Valentini approved the final editing of everything so nothing was clipped. Even the EW article about the last tape day says she did not give an answer:

"Slezak’s character ended her run with a proposal from her on-again, off-again love, Clint Buchanan (Jerry verDorn). (Technically, that’s a cliff-hanger because she never answered him, but she sure was smiling.)"

I thought that was probably one of the cliffhangers that would've continued on the web if the PP deal hadn't collapsed. Clint was still a convicted felon living under house arrest in Viki's house. They'd spent most of the time time fighting with only occasional quick pecks. All of a sudden, everything was quickly shoved under the carpet and everything was fine. huh.png They never addressed any of those major problems before the show ended. Viki ending up "engaged" to a sickly, cantankerous convicted felon would've been a depressing way to leave her frozen in time IMO. sad.png I'd like to think she got a call from Dorian who was feeling down about David and the election (which she lost). They decided to go on a world cruise together and have some real fun again. They both would return to Llanview with a couple of interesting new friends, none of whom had a criminal record or ever heard the name "Mitch Laurence" . . .

Archived