One Life To Live- FINALE- Friday 1/13/2012

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree Toups. It went out feeling like "One Life To Live", which, IMO, was never a particularly sentimental show or one that went out of its way to pull the heartstrings. And I mean that in the best way possible. It ended in a way that was true to itself and didn't try to manipulate with out of place or unexpected emotions. I have been a faithful and daily viewer since 1978; if the show had gone out this way twenty years ago, when it had a different flavor,I would not have been happy with it. But today, in 2012, it seemed just right. smile.png

Thank you, Soapboy, nicely done! :)

• Members

I honestly thought I would be devastated. Somehow this episode left me excited and proud. The last two episodes combined are almost one episode, they are bookends. OLTL is an old friend who I've lost but has touched my heart. I am thankful for this show and being able to share this with you guys. I must say that every time I think of Erika Slezak, is when I want to cry. I will miss seeing her everyday. She is pure class. This is all gonna hit me Monday I think sad.png

• Members

I thought the ending was perfect. Yesterday was the closing the book on the town with the sentiment, and today was about their lives going on and the story never dies. Luckily for OLTL fans, this cliffhanger will undoubtedly be resolved on GH. That sort of takes the sting off a little even though I guess it is a little bit of an invasion for GH fans who don't watch OLTL.

• Members

IT WAS!!! And I am so glad they did a fade out instead of the standard OLTL -cut to black- It gave you a few seconds to savor and let it hit you. All I ever wanted was OLTL to be OLTL. And this episode certainly was. My god RSW killed me in his final scene. I forgot how good he could be. I am so sad its over. And I must say there was something very poignant about Brody/Jessica even. It was very quiet and very realistic. I really found everything pitch perfect. I need to stop raving now.

• Members

Go ahead and rave! It suits you! Your love of OLTL is evident and I find that very touching. smile.png

I hear you on the Bob Woods scene...He barely held it together. I met Mr. Woods at last summer's OLTL fan club gathering, and it was clear how much he loves OLTL.

The scene that got me today was Jessica saying, "Daddy?" and falling into Clint's arms. wub.png

• Members

Dale, really, other than Andrea Evans and Robin Strasser being in this final episode, I could not ask for anything more. Heck, I even enjoyed Starr and the bodyguard revelation with Cole. I had read that Kassie DePaiva was crying the entire day, and you can SEE in this episode how puffy her eyes are.

I feel like 27 years of my life were well spent and rewarded. (well minus the 3 years during the Higley era where I simply stopped watching)

It was a blast. OLTL let me dream and believe in all the possibilities of life. It was just a soap, but it was more to me than that.

• Members

I'm glad that all of you like it! Thank You!! :)

It's Roma Downey how played Johanna Leighton in 1988/1989ish. She was involved in the "Faux Bo" storyline...She wasn't on very long if I recall correctly - I included her more because I love Roma Downey LOL..

I know I forgot a lot of people and I apologize if anyone was disappointed. :(

• Members

I hope not. I tried to include a lot of characters from different generations. I left out some characters I knew were unpopular here, and I tried to go for some of the more iconic characters, and also threw in some of my own favorites. I hope everyone enjoys it. It's the least I can do for a show that gave me so much over the years.

Archived