One Life To Live- FINALE- Friday 1/13/2012

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wow! That was a truly breathtaking season finale, which frankly is what it was. They didn't intend it to be a true finale, but I think they did a good job of wrapping things up knowing that the show would have to go in a different direction if it moved online. The cliffhanger certainly would've inspired me to continue watching the show online and I absolutely will be looking at General Hospital now. The reason this is the greatest soap finale IMO is because they used the ENTIRE week as a tribute and finale for the show. They serviced every character and story to a satisfying concusion and each episode felt like it was truly leading towards the end. Other soaps (like ATWT) will waste those final weeks and then cram everything into that final hour. I *hate* that.

Can't believe it's over considering how good that was! The show totally ended on top. Good ratings, strong cast, etc. It's very shocking. OLTL didn't need all the promo and attention other soaps got, the show spoke for itself.

• Members

Yeah, it was too normal for me. Actually aside from Monday and Thursday, most of the week was a letdown, imo. I had stopped watching regularly in the early 2000s and didn't care for most of these newbies getting so much screentime as opposed to bringing people back.

ICAM, it was ridiculous for Vivien to declare they couldn't get to the hospital. Now if they'd been at a remote cabin, maybe, but from the Buchanan mansion? rolleyes.gif

That's been OLTL for the past few years. It's not my cup of tea, either.

Yeah, it was nice how the show came full circle with the Buchanans having their first mixed race child and showcasing Tea & Tomas speaking Spanish, too.

ITA! I know most people loved Todd & Blair but I've never liked them together. The best parts of this episode for me were Matthew naming the baby Drew, which made me tear up, and Starr & Cole, which made me cry happy tears!

Archived