OLTL: Fans to Protest GMA & View Tributes

• Members

According to my realiable friend Susan, Fans are planning to protest GMA's Tribute Monday and The View's Thursday tribute taping.

I find this sickening. These tributes are about the Cast, Crew and Agnes Nixon. Its about celebrating all these people did to bring Llanview into our lives for 43.5 years. These tributes are about them not us and I cant believe how selfish some can be.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I hope the actors are honest during the tribute. Like how Bob Woods, in SOD this week said something about (this is a paraphrase) how the people responsible for the cancellation have caused a lot of people to be angry. They will have to answer for it somehow and they can take the bullet for it, as they've got it coming.

Whatever is done, I hope the actors (plus Agnes) aren't hurt in the crossfire and get the respect they deserve.

• Members

The crazy thing is I have no problem if people were protesting in a positive way instead of being Screw the whatever. Basically they would be outside waiting to see the actors or Agnes and then when they walk outside to go into the View building they cheer for them, clap, say they are awesome etc) That I think would be cool, though I doubt that is what anyone doing this would have in mind unfortunately. Having a sign that says "1968-2012 OLTL we shall miss you" is very different than "Screw the Chew and the View"

• Members

How many fans would this be? Is it like two people with a sign?

I think protesting would be stupid and counterproductive, but I can't get worked up about it yet, as just about everything fans have done, including buying a thank you ad for AMC and OLTL, has been spun as some embarrassment of the ages.

• Members

I thought AMC/OLTL had at least a couple dozen people protesting. I do agree with the sentiment that other shows have been cancelled before and it was just as hurtful to fans of those shows as it is to those who are upset about what ABC did. Talk to a P&G fan about what they feel about The Talk and/or Let's Make A Deal, it is eerily similar to the comments about the replacement shows on ABC.

Archived