Y&R: Discussion for the Month of January

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

thats only in recent years. There was a time where Ridge and Taylor were very viable

To answer your question, of course Victor and Nikki werent the only ones. I would add:

PC: Scott/Lucy, Kevin

PSSNS: Fox/Theresa, Ethan

AMC: Erica and countless men in between Jack

• Members

Alas, another year starts that we're under the reign of MAB/Sheffer/Hamner and Co. Maybe there will be a change this year?

Obviously from today's episode not much has changed. Pretty much the first episode of 2012 had all the elements that made 2009, 2010, and 2011 all so bad.

In the past couple weeks I've seen this spumor on a couple different message boards, sounds about right for Hogan:

Then again I think it's probably false, too much airtime for AA charactersph34r.png

• Members

I can't do the hiden spoiler thing but would she really need to do that. I mean she co owner of the record company. All she got to do is make, work time for them. Like bringing him talent. & since Roxy isn't on that much, would it really be that hard for her to get close to Devon.

• Members

Spoke too soon. This show is a the world's biggest borefest. Not quite as shiteous as GH but so damn close. And why is nobody doing something about it?! A part of my brain still finds it inconceiveable that Y&R -- which used to listen to its fans so assiduously and gave them what they needed even if it wasn't necessarily what they were clamoring for -- just will not make the changes necessary to fix the show. Both behind the scenes and front-and-center. They really hate our guts (and their jobs), don't they?

Sigh.

• Members

I don't think they care. They probably feel they've made the money they are going to make from the show, and it's time to kill the show.

Sheffer and Hamner are probably thrilled, as they get to write their usual tripe, with no limitations.

If rumors are true, MAB is rarely even around, and she only seems to make decisions on ego or spite.

They also know that all they have to do is push the right button and the fawning starts all over again (anything with Bacteria, or the latest stunt casting, or "Shadam").

• Members

Bacteria or Villy or whateverthehell they are calling that stuporcouple these days is a boring piece of over-hyped, under-written nonsense. Not helped by the show's most miscast character (FauxToria) adrift in a sea of miscast characters. Shadam has more dynamism in terms of the actors' chemistry with one another, but the whole relationship is so wrong and inappropriate on so many levels. Every pairing on this show is awful -- did anybody catch the horror that was Lame last week? Dear God. I'd rather watch Murphy and Katherine rut like rabbits than those two.

Swear to God, I thought I would be watching GH until the bitter end, but I called time on that monstrosity months ago. I am about ready to throw in the towel with Y&R, too, and Days which is doing nothing for me at the moment. All that is left is B&B. Who'd have thunk it? Sad just thinking about how little I care about these shows now.

• Members

Or round 500 of Nick and Phyllis. Seriously how can any couple on this show be remotely rootable or interesting when the writing is so so dreadful. I soap press, bloggers fawn over Villy and Phick and even Sharon/Adam.And its pathetic when Lily and Cane are actually the most rootable

The only part of Y&R that is entertaining has been Nikki/MTS and I cant even say why but the moment she reappeared, her mere presence uplifted the show. Its the same impact Laura/GF had once upon a time on GH.

Archived