Y&R: Discussion for the Month of January

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh, thank god. There is so much wrong with this show, but at least today's episode isn't a total borefest! Thank you MCE :wub: and MTS.

LOL at Jack waking up in bed -- with a cat staring at him.

People accuse Sharon of being a big ole slut but really, is there any bigger whore than Nick at this point? The man can't walk into Crimson Lights without picking some stray tail up at the sugar station.

• Members

Genie was also not a vet returning to a show where diehards claimed she'd boost ratings. I'd honestly expect more than 1 week of an uptic for Days for all the press and how the online fans claimed that was what Days needed. In all fairness, Genies last return to GH did nothing for ratings nor did Vanessa MArcils. I am not defending Y&R hiring all these soap actors from other shows and GF's character, but casting stunts whether its vets returning or a casting stunt does nothing unless accompanied by decent compelling story in the long run. Roger Howarths initial 5-6 weeks back at OLTL did nothing in terms of ratings until the story kicked in as an example and their ratings are back down.

• Members

I have a Y&R favor. I was curious of all the super couples on all the soaps, have Victor and Nikki been the only one across all the soaps over the years to actually have other rootable viable love interests while the other remained on the show? And if so why do you think Y&R was so successful at it vs shows like Days and GH?

• Members

Pretty much, I think. Unless you count Ridge being successful with both Taylor and Brooke on B&B.

I guess you could also count Jason on GH - I don't know if he and Robin were considered a supercouple, but they were very popular and they've both had successful relationships since then. Also, Jason has the whole JaSam vs. Liason thing, so I guess that would count. Also Liz would have LL2 and Liason under her belt, plus she was also pretty popular with Ric Lansing back in the day.

• Members

I think the Ridge/Taylor/Brooke thing but I guess Ridge/Brooke were considered the super couple

I don't think any of those GH pairings you mentioned fall anywhere close to super coupleish. Jason has never had that soulmate pairing, that person he was meant to be with nor has Liz. None of them come close to Victor/Nikki, the super couples on DOOL,or LnL.

Archived