Dumbest Decisions Made by Soap Characters

• Members

I wanted to start a thread about the stupidest choices ever made by soap characters. While the ideas for a lot of these scenes/storylines themselves are idiotic, I am not starting a thread concerning dumb stories.

The stupidest decision I have ever seen a soap character make happened on "Dawson's Creek." Mitch Leery (Dawson's father) was driving home one night, and was eating an ice cream cone in the process. The ice cream soon fell off the cone, but Mitch did not decide to pull over. Instead, he kept on driving, unbuckled his seatbelt, and tried to scoop the ice cream off the floor of his SUV. Unfortunately, he failed to see a speeding driver coming the other way, and was subsequently killed.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/OQv-0Ojn73w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

On B&B, Ridge's ex, Morgan, wanted a baby with Ridge. His wife, Taylor, did not like the idea. Taylor went away on a business trip. Ridge got an e-mail which he thought was from Taylor, and which was ambiguous enough for him that he decided to go screw Morgan right then and there.

• Members

On AMC:

Zach donating sperm to Bianca and Reese without any of them bothering to talk to Kendall about it. OF COURSE Kendall would have an opinion about that - it's her sister having a baby with her husband for crying out loud. I don't know who was dumber there - Zach or Bianca.

Erica thinking it was a good idea to sleep with the father of her grandson... and years before that thinking it was a good idea to sleep with 3 generations of men - her husband Phil Brent, Phil's father Nick Davis, and years later Phil's son Charlie.

Amanda... for most of her sex-related decisions. Instead of confronting Jake about his involvement with Cara, she ran out and screwed JR. Or all of the times she slept with David.

• Members

You can't really blame her too much there - the hot Charlie, she had great chemistry with Nick, and I guess she was in love with Phil, I don't know.

Ryan on the other hand - awful story. If you're going to do a "cougar" story have her go after Frankie or something. Imagine Angie's reaction.

• Members

DAYS:

Kristen destroying her entire life for a man who didn't love her. It was a fun storyline full of twists and turns, but I just wanted to shake Kristen.

Or when a soap does a serial killer storyline, and the victim just stands there or tries to fight the killer. I'd be running like crazy. AWAY from the killer.

• Members

Jessica marrying Tico on OLTL has to be by far her DUMBEST move ever. She has yet to top that one and no being with Ford doing surpass the level of stupidity that was involved with that decision. I cant even remember her reasoning for doing this but do remember it was incredibly stupid and made little to no sense

On a similar note, Natalie marrying Michael Lazarus aka Mitch Laurence was her dumbest move. He was some old man she knew for what a month and he convinced her to marry him bc she couldnt have Cris. Like her TWIDIOT sister, this was also her first marriage and equally disastrous

Thats so true for 90% of soap vixens out there. Girl, he's just not that into you

• Members

OLTL's Nora had cabana sex with Sam Rappaport in order to give Bo a baby. (Nora was under the impression that Bo could not have any more children when she lied to him and said she was pregnant, because Bo was distraught over Drew's death and threatening to hurt himself...or some [!@#$%^&*]. It's a long story.) Not only did it ruin Nora's character, but it gave Llanview and OLTL fans Matthew Buchanan, who is about as useful as a cold sore.

• Members

What puzzled me about the story was that it all was predicated on the notion that Kendall would have objected to Zach siring Bianca's next child. Now, God knows I'm not a Kendall fan by any stretch of the imagination, but I don't think she is that much of a bitch. If anything, I think Kendall herself would have suggested the idea if/when she heard Bianca talking about wanting another baby. At the very least, though, if Zach and Bianca had come to her first with the idea, she would've supported it. That's why I had to rationalize that Kendall's anger was coming from a place of being kept out of the loop and feeling as if her own sister didn't love her enough to trust her to act responsibly about this decision.

• Members

Frankly, Ryan/Erica annoyed me for two reasons: 1) I always believed Erica had better taste in men; and 2) her hooking up with a younger man was not a new concept. We'd been there and done that already with Charlie Brent. I'd much rather have seen Erica become involved with a blind man at that point.

I think Y&R's Phyllis has often asked the same question of Cricket and Paul. ;)

Archived