Dumbest Decisions Made by Soap Characters

• Members

I feel as if they were going for some big, shocking, Tina-like twist there, but it just fell apart because the motivation behind her decision to marry Mitch was just too unbelievable. (At least Tina would've done it in order to take him down and save her family.)

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ugh the Santi story-perhaps one of Malone's worst (which says something with his crazy stories the second run). It wasn't helped that Tico was meant to be intimidating and was cast with someone who looked like a little boy. I can't even REMEMBER why she married him.

I think I blanked out Natalie married Mitch--which wonderful Mitch comes back year was it?

• Members

A majorly dumb decision was when Carly on GH decided that AJ wasn't "good enough" a person to be told that she was having his baby.

Not only that but she claimed she "feared" for her and her baby's future if she stayed with the Quartermaines. So she decides to pass off Myyyyyyyyyyyyy-cull as Jason's baby -- her manipulative attempt to tie Jason to her forever because, let's face it, she never could convince the mob assassin to take her on as a love interest. Then she threw her lot in with his mob boss and Father of the Year Sonny became Michael's "true daddy." Basically, she has been using her spawn to ensnare wealthy but dangerous men and get them involved emotionally.

A dumb decision for Michael because he ended up getting shot in the head and, later, raped in jail because of his parents' selfish, stupid choices. A dumb decision for GH and its audience because it fouled up the show from then on.

• Members

IA. I never got that. AJ was her friend and a very good one to her at that. I dont get why she turned on him and became so cruel and evil. That was incredibly stupid as AJ would have stood by her and taken her in after Tony dumped her. It sucks bc Sean Kanan and Sarah Brown had amazing chemistry but then he left and we never got a chance to see them as a real couple. The writers soon destroyed their frienship and the rest is history

AMC's Amanda deserves an entry. When David found out he was the father of Trevor and she tried to keep that from him, he blackmailed her into giving him custody and moving in with him if he wanted to have contact with the baby. She felt trapped and wanted to be with her husband, Jake. David then told her that he'd set her free and would shar custody if and only if he gave him another child. So she decided to sleep with him in the backseat of a car in hopes of getting pregnant to trade that for her freedom. Yes it is as stupid as I just explained it.

• Members

Yeah, I mentioned Amanda both for the above-listed reason and because she hops into bed without thinking about it and then feels like crap for doing so. The woman has no self-esteem, and she constantly thinks she's going to turn out like her mother. I'm surprised AMC never sent her off the deep end... it always felt to me like Amanda was barely clinging to her sanity anyway.

Archived