AMC and OLTL Canceled! Part 2!

• Members

HOw do any of us know what the agreement was with ABC or Disney. Maybe since they are not moving forward they dont owe ABC a dime ot it could just be a huge tax writeoff

And do they even have the rights to stream old episodes online?

I am with Soapsuds at this point. I just wish someone would start releasing DVD sets

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Like I said before, I had zero doubt that the Nixon soaps would move online (because I was gullible enough to believe the soap press); however, one didn't have to be all that knowledgeable or psychic to realize that--in the best case scenario--both soaps would have only lasted a year or two online at the most (while looking like the last 18 months of GL).

However, whenever one made a prediction (early on) that the PP venture would be less than successful, much of the time vicious personal insults were hurled that person's way. Often, such folks would be dismissed as "disgruntled and bitter" (because their own soaps didn't get saved), and nothing these people said was taken seriously. And even though emotions have been running very high ever since April, there is absolutely no excuse for this type of behavior.

Along with most of the others who correctly predicted this venture would end in failure, I am not happy about today's news. I really don't believe that the naysayers were rooting all along for failure. I just think a lot of naysayers really felt the initial PP worship was so over-the-top, and wanted to provide some sort of counterbalance. And in my case, I also wanted to warn people of the dangers of believing in false hope. I have been burned by false hope in the past, and sadly, so many of you are now being burned by the false hope PP, the soap press, and others gave you.

• Members

I visited another board, and a poster there said something that I think is very true: most fans knew deep down this venture would fail, but adopted a confident attitude because they hoped so badly that these soaps would be saved.

I guess it's just human nature, but people just want any sort of hope to cling to, even if it is false hope. I'll personally never understand this, as I believe that false hope is worse than no hope.

• Members

Max I feel the same way about having false hope being worse than having no hope as you get kicked in the butt twice in this case. The only reason I believed it was possible was due to how they bought the sets and such and had union meetings. Usually people don't meet with the different unions if they aren't serious. I don't think anyone would make that much effort if they didn't at least give it a 50/50 chance of success.

• Members

hbsguyaHillary B. SmithI want to b careful what I say right now. I am so sad for the fans. I am so sad for all of us who were robbed of the 7 months to plan.

hbsguyaHillary B. SmithI wish there had been more communication. This was not about AFTRA! The guilds and unions were talking.

hbsguyaHillary B. SmithThe endings were changed to accomodate the move. I wish they would have left us alone. So sad!!!!

hbsguyaHillary B. SmithEndings were changed! So unprofessional.

hbsguyaHillary B. SmithYou will al still be satisfied. The ride to the end is still worth it!!! I promise. Meanwhile, LONG LIVE VENICE!!!

hbsguyaHillary B. Smith@sadiesoaper: @hbsguya Do you think it was all a ruse by ABC? ”no but ABC chose this deal. It was on the interrnet."

hbsguyaHillary B. SmithI still feel that ABC will regret this decision.

@hbsguya

Hillary B. Smith

@
SandyMolly07
:
@
hbsguya
My heart is breaking as I read your tweets!!!!! Still hoping somehow Oprah comes through!!!!”no way! Sorry!

@hbsguya
Hillary B. Smith

I love you all! I m sorry! But the show is worth the ride. Enjoy through January!!!

Archived