AMC and OLTL Canceled! Part 2!

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Perhaps it's my having lived in Los Angeles for years, knowing people in the business for years and knowing of Jeff Kwatinetz that gave me concerns about this venture right from the start. I never believed this project was going to happen and although I sound smug, I take satisfaction in knowing that my instincts were correct.

Carolyn Hinsey, ABC, Prospect Park...they're all liars. They knew the financing wasn't there, they knew the market research wasn't there and they knew the timing wasn't there to make this project happen.

It is little surprise that Susan Lucci didn't play ball with these clowns, she's been a star for 41 years, she saw the writing on the wall and it wasn't written by Agnes Nixon. I have absolutely no doubt that Helmut Huber, Lucci's husband, was instrumental in encouraging AMC cast members to resist taking the Prospect Park bait. Debbi Morgan, Jacob Young and Lucci herself are likely relieved that they made all the right moves. I'm sorry for the actors who weren't as fortunate. I'm sorry this has happened for the fans who bought into Prospect Park and ABC's version of the truth. Although not a particular fan of OLTL, I loved AMC and said my goodbyes on September 23.

• Members

Thank you very much for posting this, as I was hoping to hear from the union at some point today.

As at least the union still has hope that these two shows can still get off the ground and their willing to support the actors. I know a lot of people are trying to blame the union also and they probably should be but I don't think there was too much that they can do to help the actors if the money was never there to finance these soaps in the first place.

• Members

I think the biggest obstacle for these soaps to still live on is not even how much they cost to produce but if ABC wants to sell them. That was the problem with the P&G soaps as they had no interest in selling AW, GL, or ATWT to anybody but they finally sold them to Broadway Video about a couple of months ago years after they were already dead. Broadway actually finally put out DVDs for the shows. I can tell ABC is gonna be stubborn asses and not even sell these soaps to anyone even though they can use the money.

I wonder if Broadway Video would be interested in picking up AMC and OLTL? We need somebody legit to pick these soaps up and it has to be somebody with no ties to ABC.

• Members

Vincent Irizarry

It's hard to ignore the profound irony in the last words spoken on AMC, after 41 1/2 yrs of entertaining countless millions, delivered by "Erica," who said, "This is not the ending I wanted..." My heartfelt sympathies go out to all, especially the incomparable, loyal fans, after all their years of support, to have to live through this 2nd death. This news will never diminish our gratitude to you all...

• Members

I think we need clarification here, because my impression is that if Prospect Park wants to stream old episodes, it still can. If Prospect Park wants to do an all Todd OLTL spinoff in three years, it still can. Prospect Park still has the exclusive rights for 10 years so no other company like Broadway Video can do anything in that time. PP is announcing they will not broadcast new episodes online starting in January. They are not giving up rights to do anything ever.

Correct?

Archived