AMC and OLTL Canceled! Part 2!

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

From Jerry Ver Dorn

Hello everybody.Thank you all for your kind birthday wishes. I enjoyed the day prepping for the Thanksgiving Feast. Much to be thankful for and a little something to grumble about. Don't blame Prospect Park but rather blame the economy. They lost some financing that was too hard to replace. Start-up money is near impossible to find these days. Who knows what may happen. I guess my birthday present this year is retirement. Love to all.

• Members

Disappointing development. However, there is actually something practical that soap fans can do here. Since the problem is that PP needs money, Soap fans can create a company, (maybe even get 501©(3) status) dedicated to saving and promoting the soaps. If one million soap fans donated $100 each to this company, the total sum would be sufficient to partner with PP get AMC and OLTL off the ground.

• Members

On Planet Hinsey, it's 3 months. biggrin.png

What a lousy thing to do to Slezak and the other actors who lent their name and "star power" to the project. They had just finished taping last Friday. Now there can't be any do-overs. I'm grateful that FV/RC started weaning me off my 42yr. OLTL habit shortly after last Thanksgiving when they suddenly started taking a hatchet to Charlie and shoving Viki back to prop duty and babysitting. Then I heard OLTL was going to cease production this year which explained why they did that. By the end of May sweeps, my habit was broken. It's still very sad to see OLTL and its long-time hardworking cast and crew treated so shabbily once again. Reading PP's announcement just before I watched today's show made Viki's tearful last Thanksgiving blessing at Llanfair seem like that was the finale to me. sad.png

• Members

USA TODAY: "'All My Children' online deal is scrapped" Once again, as far as the mainstream media and public is concerned AMC was key because of SL.

It's so disappointing that OLTL got shafted. I'm still bummed about the announcement this afternoon. So in essence we're down to three soaps. GH is toast because of Katie Couric. Let's hope soap viewers start tuning in for the other three.

Archived