AMC and OLTL Canceled! Part 2!

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It royally sucks both shows get cancelled twice in one year. I'm far from a conspiracy theorist, but it does feel like ABC sold to PP deliberately knowing this would most likely not get off the ground.

Errol can you confirm if ABC truly did have other offers for the shows as is rumored(I mean before PP got the rights)?

• Members

Fortunately for my sanity as an AMC fan, I considered the show over in September and made my peace with the cancellation then. Anything after that would be a different show, so this setback isn't an emotional hit to me, especially since, as I said earlier, I was skeptical about the venture from the start.

• Members

Truly sad news. I feel there is more to this, and I feel like a fool for ever believing this.

I have to say that OLTL and AMC would have probably only lasted 1 year online anyway.

I feel badly for the actors and crew who were led to believe this, it has to be a kick in the stomach. Especially for lower wage earners (not people like Erika who will be fine )

I am gonna miss this show. So upsetting.

• Members

This is heartbreaking not just for AMC and OLTL, but also because let's face it... the four remaining soaps are all teetering on the edge of cancelation as well. Since PP failed at even getting AMC and OLTL online, it's doubtful anyone will attempt this again. If/when Y&R, B&B, GH, and DAYS end, they will have no second chance.

• Members

This should have been announced while OLTL was still taping instead of waiting until the afternoon before Thanksgiving. I am curious how many angry phone calls they are going to get for this and I expect people to be raging mad.

The fact they released it today disgusts me (due to the holiday) and the actors not being contacted directly was unprofessional. Having Frank Valentini call each of the actors who were willing to go on would have been appropriate. Finding out via twitter is shameful.

Archived