AMC and OLTL Canceled! Part 2!

• Members

That is very well said.

You're not a fool. A lot believed this might happen. I know how it feels to want your show back. Now those still saying its no over..Oprah helps us out...please.......they are the fools...lol

I don't count GH. It's gone...its just there in name only. We are left with 3 soaps with Days being next to go.

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah, that's probably one of the saddest things about this. Unless PP or someone else can turn things around down the road, it's unlikely that this will be tried again anytime soon and when another soap ends in the near future (like GH), it will be gone.

• Members

:( Now I have to come to grips with letting OLTL go all over again. The guys behind Prospect Park are such cowards, they should have said something last week. All this talk of cable deals and signing so and so was just bullsh!t.

So long AMC and OLTL you will be remembered long after The Chew and The Revoultion :barf: go off the air.

Guess I'm down to just DAYS. :(

• Members

I feel like an absolute fool. I allowed myself to get my hopes up. My heart is truly broken now. I didn't say goodbye to All My Children in September, I said "See ya later". Now I realize, I really have to say goodbye to two shows that have been a part of my life as long as I an remember.

</3

• Members

You know this is a real downer probably even more than the original cancellation due to the fact that fans of these two soaps had hope that their shows would live on again and now their really dead now. I feel even worse now for GH as it will go away just like these two.

Like a lot of people are feeling right now on sites all over the place, I really feel like the PP thing was a fake. I don't think their was ever really a deal in place as it just seems like ABC was trying to get soap fans off their backs but now its gonna be twice as worse for them as most fans would've moved on by now but I don't think they ever will b/c of the second chance they had.

One thing that I was always afraid of was the fact that these two soaps were sold to a partner of ABC's and not someone way on the outside like a Sony. I must say Susan Lucci was a smart woman not to drive herself into this.

If PP really couldn't take of these soaps why don't they just attempt to sell them to somebody who can? That's how I have to think this whole situation was phony from the beginning.

• Members

From Her Facebook

Carolyn Opinion Hinsey

Memo to my FB friends: You have no idea how much time and effort went in to try and bring AMC and OLTL to the Internet. I personally know investors that PP approached. Please take conspiracy theories elsewhere and be grateful we have three more months of OLTL. And lets keep the blame for AMC and OLTL's cancellation where it belongs - on ABC,,

Archived