AMC and OLTL Canceled! Part 2!

• Members

It was a perfect marketing move to intro this show after the holidays

I actually don't think its awful and its hosts are a lot more likable and seem less flamboyant than The Chew. To me its the kind of show that people looking for their Oprah fix might like. Lots of self help tips, lifestyle suggestions, makeovers and recognizable personalities that are not obnoxious aside from Ty Pennington and even he is less hyper than Clinton Kelly. Its not for me but then I don't care for Dr. Oz, Dr. Phil, or Oprah. But one thing I do like is that its not about being skinny its about being fit and healthy and making the most of what you are.

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I did like this aspect of the show although I think the weight loss stories will get tiring if this is always going to be their focus. They need to have a different emphasis every week to keep the audience's attention.

I hope that Tim Gunn does more than just give fashion tips. It would be great if he did some clothes designing and making as well as giving tours of behind the scenes of some of the couture houses that make clothes for women for all sizes. I am always interested in seeing how fabric is chosen and clothes are constructed although this seems way outside this show's emphasis.

• Members

I would have been more interested in a How Clean is Your House?/Hoarders-type ripoff. I just find health advice tiring as it often seems to contradict itself with every new development, not to mention the fact that it makes me paranoid as [!@#$%^&*], Dr. Oz anyone?

It is ironic that The Chew and The Revolution are back to back, because when I have watched The Chew, it's done what every other cooking show does, which is make me hungry as hell as I eat my heart out watching studio audience members get to sample. Doesn't exactly get me in the mood for jumping jacks and running up and down the stairs.

• Members

PRECISELY why I don't watch these kinds of shows. My church held a seminar 2 years ago about fasting and had a segment on diabetes, mentioning dry mouth and constant thirst being a symptom. I spent the next two days second guessing myself every time I got a glass of water.

• Members

LMAO, me too! Mine was a day I was peeing a lot. As an eighties baby I was scared shitless of contracting "the Alphabet" and when I saw someone on TV talking about white patches in his mouth I can't tell you how the fear of God ran through me everytime I had what was toothpaste funk on my tongue.

• Members

I had no idea peeing a lot could be a sign of that... Nevermind that I only do when I drink three pots of tea while working in a day but now I'm gonna have something else to add to my paranoia :P

I remember when the Chew was being discussed Frons seemed to suggest it would all be healthy eating... *cough* (Not that I mind, health food cooking shows tend to be even worse, but...)

Archived