AMC and OLTL Canceled! Part 2!

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Cameron Mathison is on TMZ TV tonight. They catch him on the street and he talks about his new role on Desperate Housewives. He makes a crack about having to take his shirt off a lot which he is of course used to, and the guys in the office call him a douche. tongue.png There's this one girl on staff who is an AMC fan, she always lights up and chimes in the most when they cover a former AMC cast member, like Colin Egglesfield. She defends Cam and his tucked in t-shirt when the guys bring up Thong-gate.

• Members

After all the certainty that The Chew would flop, I think there has got to be some recognition by now that you simply cannot predict what the audience will find entertaining to watch. Although I am willing to bet that ABC did extensive market research on the viewing habits and preferences of its target 18 to 49 demo middle class women before agreeing to pick up these particular shows. It will be interesting to see how Katie's talk show does.

• Members

I never thought The Chew would flop...I actually was surprised it didn't do better at the start. The show has had constant promo, popular cooking stars, and very low expectations.

From all the delays and backstage problems on The Revolution, which we never heard about with The Chew, I don't know if this will meet the same fate. I also don't know how appealing this is to any 18-49 demo - The Biggest Loser, which this is ripped off of, has been freefalling in the ratings, and Tim Gunn is a few years out of date.

• Members

Oy. What a crock. They can't wait until "next" year to make a decision, because they already have ceded GH's timselot to Katie Couric for her September launch. I read today that ABC has a 200+ episode commitment to The Revolution, which pushes it past Katie's debut. So unless ABC is planning to cancel The Chew, GH is the show biting the dust. And the announcement will come May 1st at the very latest.

• Members

http://social.entertainment.msn.com/tv/blogs/tv-buzz-blogpost.aspx?post=43c35c80-9611-44e7-b9ac-64b173164879

ABC's 'The Revolution' Understands Soap Fan Fury

"So many of my friends are huge fans and they're like, 'Dude, you've got to be kidding me?'" Pennington admitted to MSN TV. "I know it's hard to believe it's happening, but that's out of our hands. That's not our decision. All I can say is, 'We're not replacing anything. We're offering something different.'

"We’re all going through a change because of it," he added, referencing the cancellation of "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition." "'Extreme' is a huge loss for me. It's hard to believe the word 'over.' Please understand that I know what that feels like, but I'm hoping I can take the experiences from that and truly, in an honest way, be able to help other people go through a positive change in their lives. Not only the story you're seeing on the TV, but also the one at home. That's what inspires me the most. People can start making changes in their own life because of what they're seeing on our show. That's huge."

Roth, who has a few daytime insiders to answer to, also understands the fan fury. "If someone took something from me that was that near and dear, I'd be upset too," he said. "My mom's a soap fan. My mother-in-law watched the same soap for 30-some years. Martha Byrne (ex-Lily, "As the World Turns") is a close friend. Alison Sweeney (Sami, "Days of our Lives"; "Biggest Loser") is a great friend. Our kids play together. So I have a great respect for the genre and I understand. Nobody likes change. I don’t like when someone changes an item on a menu that I like, let alone a show that's been on for 40 years. I understand and I respect the opinion -- and I hope that they'll give us a chance, because if they do, they'll find they'll enjoy the show more than they thought."

Archived