AMC and OLTL Canceled! Part 2!

• Members

Beware of spoilers if you click on the link

TV Guide Magazine: How were you emotionally through this roller coaster experience? First, you're cancelled. Then, you're saved. Then, suddenly, you're dead again.

Slezak: It has been a roller coaster! When we were cancelled, I think we all went into that mindset of "OK, it has finally happened. The rumors were true. Now we must get it together and move on." Then Prospect Park came along and we thought, "Hey, maybe this might work! We do have a future!" Ah, well. Actually, they still own the rights and I think they're still hoping to do something.

TV Guide Magazine: Really? Can these guys be trusted at this point?

Slezak: [Prospect Park CEO] Jeff Kwatinetz called me a couple of weeks ago and we had a lovely conversation. I had never met him. He said, "We're hoping somehow somewhere that we can revive this thing." And if they can, that would be awesome. I don't know if they can anymore, since so many people have moved on. But it was really nice for him to call and say, "Thanks for sticking by us." I was their biggest cheerleader because I thought it would have been brilliant to do original programming on the internet.

TV Guide Magazine: So, as the end draws near, any regrets?

Slezak: None. What I'm sorry for is the loss of other people's jobs. It's just horrendous. It's not just the people who work on our show who will suffer here. It's everyone who supplies the show, from the florists to the little food truck that rolls up out front. There are so many people now out of work. But me? I can't complain. Hopefully, I will continue to work. I want to play some villains! I am not retiring voluntarily. [Laughs] If I retire, it will be kicking and screaming!

http://www.tvguide.c...TL-1041253.aspx

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think she talked about wanting to get something from the Stewart living room set, which was the oldest set on ATWT, ( I remember that same set for David and Ellen's living room when I was in high school,) and this was way before the show even finished taping, and they said, "Oh we sold everything and destroyed the set!" (Actually its amazing the set lasted that long, as they destroyed Bob and Kim's set in the late 90s. )

• Members

Lordy, and he wonders why people think he has an anti AMC bias... Most disappointing episode *all* year was the AMC finale? So he didn't enjoy anything about it? WORST writing was Swajeski/Kreizman? I would never call them great, but worst out of all the soaps? *sigh* And how is Debbi Morgan on Y&R the worst return? She hasn't been on it before, wouldn't that go in recast?

Oh well...

Archived