AMC and OLTL Canceled! Part 2!

• Members

I think most of The Chew people were OK, aside from Batali, and I think Gordon Elliott said something stupid.

I agree that this is a nicer response, although I'm mostly interested in whether or not Roth is still in hot water with the Biggest Loser people.

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

http://abc.soapsindepth.com/2012/01/a-new-gig-for-lucci.html

Susan Lucci (Erica, ALL MY CHILDREN) is taking her decades of experience in acting on daytime soap operas and applying them to some real-life dramas as the host and narrator of the new primetime series DEADLY AFFAIRS!

Airing on the cable network Investigation Discovery, the show will explore romances-gone-wrong, and the resulting crimes of passion. "They are deceptive love relationships, love triangles and betrayal that have deadly consequences," Lucci says. "And they end in tragedy. Every day you hear these stories and you think, 'Oh, my goodness!' Then they disappear. You don't know what happened next, and you don't know why they happened. I'm hoping that, in exploring them, we'll shed some light on human nature."

Production begins on the 10-episode series in March, and it is set to debut in the fall. Lucci describes the show as a "real-life soap," and says that she couldn't help but smile when she was offered the hosting role. "As Erica, I got punished for my wrong deeds," Lucci noted. "I wound up in jail several times, even in a blood-stained ball gown. But with DEADLY AFFAIRS, these are not characters on a soap opera. This is real life."

• Members

Good for her--it's onbviously not a huge gig, but as Jonathan said she's good at voiceover work--it's an easy and comfortable fit. (I had no idea she narrated Star Jones' Intimate Portrait, that kinda makes me sad :( )

The cynic in me wonders if The Revolution people are mindful of what happened with The Chew. I do agree with Carl--as much as I think the show is a complete fiasco of amateur hour, that would look somewhat unprofessional even on a local station--I think only Mario really behaved inapropriately to the soap fans. I don't blame them... (Gordon Elliot their producer, Frons, etc, on the other hand...)

• Members

I just called my mother about something else and reminded her about OLTL's finale, since she's a fan. She says "Finale!? That's today?! I knew it was coming up, but didn't know it was today!" I said, "That's because a wise woman once told me that promotion is for flops, and soaps don't need it." Then she goes on to say that after today, her soap watching will be done. No more AMC, no more OLTL. I told her about Blair 'n them going over to GH. She said, "Is Carly dead yet?" I said, "Unfortunately not." She said, "I'll pass..."

• Members

Thankfully, this sentiment is extremely rare here at SON (and everybody deserves a lot of credit for that), but if you go to other places on the internet (especially social networking sites like Twitter and Facebook), there are still a lot of people who have deluded themselves into believing that OLTL will return. I am not at all trying to make fun of these folks; rather, I feel sorry for them because they are not doing themselves any favors by clinging to false hope.

Archived