AMC and OLTL Canceled! Part 2!

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They are throwing in the towel on broadcasting new episodes of OLTL and AMC in their current form beginning in January 2012. I refuse to believe that, after spending money for the rights to these shows, they will not try some other way to make money off them. We could see old episodes on DVD or online streaming. I'm not trying to start a debate or a rumor or suggest this will happen, just to correct what I believed to be a misinterpretation of the PP press release, as well as verify that *I* was reading it correctly.

• Members

I agree we need more clarification here on the situation b/c I think PP won't just let these two soaps rot and not make any money off of them. I think they'll at least air old episodes on their website or sell DVDs.

Just b/c PP gives up now doesn't mean they can never make progress in still getting these two shows back up like you said they could do a spin-off. I think the only way this will work is if they work with a smaller cast of actors and do a spin-off and find a television deal.

Maybe PP would've been better off finding a second company to help finance these shows if money is the real big issue here.

Archived