OLTL: Discussion for the week of November 21

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

I agree on both accounts.

I thought for sure there was going to be a hostage situation and John kills Brody (maybe that's still going to happen). But today's scenes with Brody giving up Liam gives me a little bit of hope that Brody can come back from this. He's too good of a character to be killed off. His speech about losing Shane, then Ryder, then Liam was so sad.

I've always preferred RH playing Todd's dark side. I hated his goofy side during Tomlin era.

• Members

Lawson was amazing! I felt for Brody for the first time in forever. Emotionless John had me feeling nothing. I also thought Natalie sounded like there was hope for her and Brody getting back together in her speech to him.

The Tea and Dani scenes were great! I love them so much as mother and daughter. Their chemistry is the best! They just give you that warm fuzzy feeling. wub.png At least they do for me.

Starr was annoying as usual. I used to like her but she has become increasing annoying since Cole left. Not that she was great before, just more annoying.

• Members

ITA. ML killed his scenes especially when he handed over Liam. I hate when they take a hatchet to a character to force a plot point or change direction on a character overnight. They did the same hatchet job on Charlie when they were told OLTL would be cancelled soon than expected. angry.png Brody and Liam are the only reasons I'm watching this surprisingly lackluster finale to Liam's dragged-out paternity saga. I don't feel a thing for Liam's parents, largely because of the pedestrian acting by ME/MA. I'm burned out on seeing MA do this same kind of wide-eyed situation too many times. ME rarely shows any emotion as it is but he should be putting some effort into these scenes. Neither characters are even affectionate with each other. Their big reunion (what there was of it) was also very flat. It's get to Point A then Point B then Point C and it's done. But the little actor playing Liam has been the most entertaining. I read on another board to watch what he does in the scenes after the first commercial break. I rewatched it this morning to see what he did. After Brody puts his gun down, Liam makes a gun with his hand and points it at John. laugh.png What a great little actor!

Archived