OLTL: Discussion for the week of November 21

• Members

As an avowed Matthew hater, ever since 6 year old EA took over the character, I will say that today's episode was nicely done. It was the only time I ever didn't feel annoyed by his presence. It's unfortunate that Bo had to lose another son, but that's about the only thing I disliked about Matthew's passing. He was annoying as a corny, goody-two shoes child, who acted like a Davy Crockett-hat toting younger son in a B&W sitcom...and he was annoying as a snot nosed teenager who was always sneering and acting like a brat. Maybe if he were recast five years ago with a more mature and ripened actor, I would have had more use for him...but he wasn't. Good riddance Matthew Buchanan.

But, again, it was a good episode.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Agreed, I give them cudos. I wish they had at least mentioned why Shane wasn't with Echo, or explicitly say that Tina and Cord were on honeymoon instead of just leaving it openly "They're not here but are happy", but... Also they sure had a lot of exposition--almost like the episode was meant to catch people up to stories, but I thought the actors, particularly Matthew in his voiceover, handled that well.

They kinda telegraphed the Matthew dieing thing for me with all the comments in his narration early on implying this would be his last day, but maybe that's not a bad thing. Anyway enough complaining--I actually teared up a bit (I have no idea when the last time OLTL did that to me was), and it was a great episode.

Would even Ron do that? Maybe he was filming till the last week for fantasy/dream/flashback sequences, but when you flatline in the hospital... OK on a soap that doesn't mean much, but...

I go back and forth on him, but I thought he did a great job. That kind of narration, especially with all the dialogue heavy exposition, is not easy to do well.

• Members

AE is a recurring character on B&B and hasnt been on that show since early June after her story wrapped up.. She's not doing both shows.

Yeah I loved having them back and love that they got a happy ending but I hope that wasnt there actual ending on the show. I would have loved to have seen them post-wedding. Had they said they went on an impromptu honeymoon, that would have explained this all away just fine, but them missing at Thanksgiving when they both live at that house seems very glaring

• Members

Ah....so sad...

krisalderson Kristen Alderson

@breewilliamson: Happiest thanksgiving to all of you! I am so sad to hear about P Park. I'm gonna eat my feelings today...”ditto haha RT

370702_100000772824138_476237656_q.jpg

David A. Gregory

Happy Thanksgiving, Everyone! I'm thankful for all of you and for your support of OLTL. It saddens me the show will not continue but I thank each of you for your support over the years. Have a wonderful holiday weekend...

Archived