AMC: Who Would You Cast As Kendall & Greenlee???

• Members

Tamara's CArly was a victim plain and simple.As for a romantic actress, her recent stint on DAys where that was what she was supposed to be was a flop. To each his own I never liked her because I think a potentially great character got morphed into as we see the same character every darn soap has. I feel the same way about Alicia Minshew as Kendall also.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

See I find both Kendell and Greenlee to be more or less from the same mold. Just one has money and the other one doesn't. They are both terrified that they are never going to find their happily ever after and be loved. That's the same root to both of their fears and the general basis of their characters. Greenlee was ignored by her mother and father and no one liked her. Cue to her causing problems for other people because she is miserable inside and no one appreciates her inner pain. Kendell was thrown away by Erica but is jealous of her relationship with Bianca (completely ignoring that she had adoptive parents who loved her) who she dotes on. Because Kendell doesn't have the love of her biological mother she goes crazy and sets out to destroy her life because she needs the love and validation from her mother who is Erica Kane. It's the same motivation though - I want them to love me. They both want to be loved and adored as the center of their parents/loved ones lives and they aren't so they will destroy themselves and their relationships in their haze of pain. Self-destruction.

• Members

Tamara's first year on GH is hilarious and embarrassing to watch. She was clearly trying to imitate Sarah Brown, and it just looked like a bad parody skit on the current sh!t incarnation of SNL.

They had to totally rewrite the essence of the character to fit her, and over time, I can see how it might have worked for some. But Carly lost all of her independence and determination, and was just "Sonny, Sonny, Sonny!!!!" all the damn time.

• Members

I will disagree. I think she hides it well but it definitely came out whenever Gillian popped up. It was that same inadequacy she has always projected when it comes to Ryan who she was obsessed with. I also think the "Leo loved me perfectly" scene also brings this up a bit too with her belief that she was destined to be miserable without Leo in her life.

Archived