AMC: Who Would You Cast As Kendall & Greenlee???

• Members

I forgot she has any crust at all. There is nothing she plays that distinguishes her from Kendell, "Liza" (I am sorry that red headed woman was not Liza Colby!), or anyone else. It is as if the current generation of writers learned how to write from watching tv shows with Heather Locklear, and all the actresses did too, and consequently everyone gets written and portrayed the same. I could not come up with one reason why Laura Wright could not play Kendell, or why Rebecca Budig couldn't sub in the Carly role effortlessly. They wouldn't even have to adjust anything about their performance.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Carly and Kendall were both constructed the exact same way for the exact same story initially.

The thing with Carly though, even though Sarah Brown was the youngest actress to play the role, no one else ever brought much emotional maturity to the part or damaged vulnerability, which is essential for a part like this.

• Members

Tamara's Carly was the romanticized version of the character. But that is precisely why I liked her. She was a softer actress and not as hard and as strong as SJB but I don't believe any recast is going to be a carbon copy of the previous one. What I loved about TB's Carly was that she actually was quite likable and I completely bought her relationships with various characters. TB is a romantic actress though with capabilities towards strong drama just watch the scene where she is telling Sonny that Micheal isn't dead and that she would feel it because she carried him inside her for months. That just kills me. As to AZ and KDP I've never seen some of their best work, so I can't judge. But I will say I thought RB and TB were on fire in their portrayals of Carly and Greenlee during their peak years 2000-2005.

• Members

She never really did. She was just a generic bitch who then lapses into the generic "daddy didn't love me" speeches dusted off from 1970. They tacked on the background of money and had her family on for the first few years but I never bought that she came from money. She looked like something they picked off the road and put in a designer dress.

• Members

I like Robin Christopher. I don't like what GH (and OLTL) did to her character. In fact, I'd like to pretend Skye hasn't been seen at all since 1991, and that Adam and Althea are her true biological parents.

• Members

I actually think SMG and to a lesser extent RB did this too though not as well. RB grew more in it specifically when she was paired with Duhmel. SMG though was just wow. She had broken, angry and ready to punish seeping in her veins as soon as she saw Lucci's Erica.

I agree completely. They should have had her exit with Leo that would have made the most sense. She was Kendell 2.0 basically because the show was too afraid to recast SMG's ground breaking role as Kendell. So they created Greenlee in an attempt to have the young bitch role covered and become new Erica. Once they brought Kendell back they didn't know what to do with the character so they hid her behind Ryan and Jack and then later David.

I wasn't there for early Liza, but I always found her to be very Kendell like. Was Kendell like Liza too? LOL.

• Members

Kendall wasn't like Liza. Kendall came from what she saw as nothing, wanted to be loved, and lashed out when this failed to materialize. She was self-destructive. Greenlee and Liza were both supposed to be scheming and spoiled rich girls who were there to cause problems for the sainted ones (Becca, Jenny).

Over time they brought in Mark Pinter in an embarrassingly bad performance as her loser father, and then this started the poor little rich girl routine, where, in between homophobic comments and general bile, she would remind Leo - and everyone else - of what a sad life she'd had. Rinse and repeat.

Archived