OLTL: The cast says goodbye to Trevor St. John

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Group {{{{{hug}}}}}

I don't see why ABC even cares about doing damage control at this point. Doesn't make sense to me because they've cancelled the show and anything and everything they do from here out has little to do with making OLTL fans feel warm and fuzzy about anything. I keep seeing people freaking out over The Chew promos during AMC and how classless and insensitive it is, and I think "When would you want them to run those promos. It's in the daypart in which that show will air. It makes sense to me as a promotion strategy, and I never expected them to NOT promote the show." So I don't think this little clip that only aired online (was it on Soapnet?) is remotely an attempt at damage control.

Furthermore, I really don't care that much about Todd or Victor, or the actors who portray them, but I am glad Roger is back, and it has nothing to do with whether Trevor remained or not. AFAIC, being happy about Roger's return isn't necessarily dancing on Trevor's grave. There was no reason that they couldn't have kept both, and Carlivati made it very clear it was his intention to keep both and tell stories for both, until Trevor decided to move on. I may be a twofaced bitch, but being happy Roger is back, and expressing that happiness, and then turning around and expressing regret and affection for Trevor and saying I'm sorry he won't be around isn't something that proves I am a twofaced bitch.

• Members

Well somebody at ABCD still cares. Their PR team worked to tarnish Susan Lucci after she spoke out on Frons. According to Robin Strasser ABCD still cares enough about her public bitching not to ask her back for the finale.

All I can say is the sentiments chyti expressed been all over Facebook and Twitter for weeks. I just think someone did take note of those complaints and hastily cobbled this video together.

• Members

Judging from what I've read and heard, it was more than just the TSJ fans calling it not cool... KA's "daddy's back" gloating tweet was criticized by quite a few folks who were not even TSJ fans.

If you're going to engage in that 24/7 self-promotion, then expect to have your words spread everywhere. KA became quite aware of the stir she created and tried to nip the problem on twitter on Trevor's last day.

As for FL? She has NO PR problem as she's been far more diplomatic. In every interview about RH, she's also made sure to mention how much she values TSJ. Also, FL doesn't tweet and rarely promotes anything except her theater work on her Facebook page. Her only recent OLTL promotion was Girls Night Out in August where she was very upset about losing TSJ and called this story absurd. That recap has made the rounds so she's not the one in need of any PR damage control.

JMO.

• Members

Pretty sure they just made a goodbye video because that's what they would do with a longtime leading man. They'd already done any number of other YT videos for the show in the last year including one about "which is the real Todd" - little promotional tools and peeks behind the scenes. I highly doubt it was a case of "oh, [!@#$%^&*], this Facebook backlash is huge and dangerous! Better put out a two minute homemade video featuring a fraction of the cast!"

And the fact is that nothing Kristen tweeted was "gloating." So she made a comment that the guy who played her father for years as a child is back on the show - pure libel! Such disrespect to Trevor! Please - anyone who thinks that needs to change the tampon. Trevor St. John certainly doesn't seem to have a problem with her, or vice versa. They're a mutual admiration society. It's fans that get overinvested in this [!@#$%^&*] way more than anyone else.

• Members

In that they've both been executive producers of soaps? Yes, then technically they are "colleagues." But I don't think this situation or that teensy little video they whipped up as a tribute has any remote comparison to the kind of [!@#$%^&*] Chris Goutman did.

• Members

I didn't say that they didn't care. I just said I don't see why. Seems kind of silly to throw OLTL in the can and call it quits THEN worry about whatever hurt feelings you may have caused about one actor -- when if not for a white knight ALL the actors would have been unemployed within a month or two.

This. I so believe this.

Archived