OLTL: The cast says goodbye to Trevor St. John

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

ABC SID 10/3/11 TSJ's Parting Words interview.

On bringing on RH: "I thought it was terrific. I thought it was going to be a boost to the show because had a huge fan base."

On 4 year deal: "The fact is, if the show had not been canceled, I would not have signed another four-year contract."

(My note: At GNO Trevor said he would have signed a 1 year deal but ABC would not budge on anything less than 4).

Trevor: "But when it was canceled, I said I'd be very happy and willing to continue on until the final episode, if it would benefit the show and (TPTB) said No."

SID: "The official response from OLTL was that by the time St. John made the offer to stay on board, scripts were written too far in advance to be changed. Still, he seems to be a bit baffled, given that the two Todds storyline had become must-see TV. "I don't know why they wouldn't want to play that out," he ponders.

"That's why I gave them the option to have me around. Four months, I could have done happily, but four years, I was not going to do."

Message to the fans: "I hope they continue to support the show through my departure."

• Members

I could care less if people agree with me or not my feelings don't with a right or wrong question besides it wasn't a slight against either Kassie or Kristen. If posters are claiming that the ladies have a right to gush/be happy/make comments about RH's return which I never stated that they didn't then I have every right to feel and state my feelings about those comments. This has nothing to do with fanbases, I don't participate in fan wars I am not that invested in the show or the actors. I am happy to have RH return since I never had the pleasure of viewing any of his work, I could care less if TSJ leaves the show on his own accord or not.

I am trying to figure out how saying that the statements made by the ladies made me scrunch my nose up at them turned into this big of a deal. I don't know when I called them traitors or made it seem as if they hated TSJ. I think the remarks were in bad form that simple for those who don't that is your prerogative, its funny how my feelings or reason why I feel that way doesn't make sense because it doesn't match others. For the record my tampon doesn't need changing, what Kristen said rubbed me the wrong way I could care less if Trevor felt the same why feelings don't come from him.

I agree, I think they all get along and work well with each other but it still makes me wonder why a goodbye video wasn't made for Robin.

• Members

Chyti, you certainly weren't the one to make this a big deal. I did, because I was extremely sick of the personal and OTT attacks going unchecked here all the time.

For the record, the "tampon needs changing" is just another example of an inability to respond without a speck of the civility and class your response just displayed.

Makes me wonder too.

But then again, Robin received an onscreen flashback montage and her character left very much alive to rock the halls of Congress!

• Members

At GNO, Trevor added the 4 year deal was without outs. He countered with a 1 year offer and ABC refused. Frons came out and admitted he had been planning to cancel OLTL since last year so it beats me why he was so insistent on this 4 year deal with Trevor.

RH is rumored to have been the one to get the 1 year deal. He supposedly didn't know the show would be canceled within 7 months either.

I don't get why since Frons knew he was canceling OLTL anyways.

Archived