OLTL: The cast says goodbye to Trevor St. John

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

And I get that. But what good is it to keep pointing out his hypocrisies and engaging him even more into this argument when it's clear he isn't changing his mind? I'm not saying you're wrong; and I'm not saying he's wrong either. I'm saying this is indicative of a problem many of us (myself included!) have on this board. We almost always get into these squabbles that are fun to read and/or engage in at first but very quickly turn nasty and unpleasant for all concerned including those who are just bystanders, for lack of a better word. Pretty soon, all that's left are hurt feelings, unresolved issues (trust me, this entire debate will crop up elsewhere, in another form and on another thread, sooner rather than later) and yet one more locked thread.

When will we learn that there's a time for debating and there's a time for realizing some people's minds are just intractable on particular issues? For that matter, when will we learn to stop being so close-minded, to actually "listen" to what the other side has to say, and to realize -- oh, I don't know -- that maybe they have a point and it would benefit everyone to acknowledge they do, admit their own mistakes, and move on?

• Members

I make mistakes everyday. Taking it to that kind of bullshit is not among them. I'd say the same thing if it was some castmember on Y&R or GH who I didn't give a [!@#$%^&*] about getting called "two-faced" - there's just no evidence of it beyond fannish, clannish nonsense. Like when people were on Sarah Glendening's ass for playing Marissa, who is scripted to give JR the business.

• Members

Khan, let me get this straight once and for all, you feel I'm a hypocrite for objecting to a poster being bashed when I said actresses being bashed are ok?

Well, I already OWNED to MontyB my feelings on this:

"I think actresses are fair game but posters are not."

And frankly I don't see that as hypocritical but respecting the rules here. This site is about debating on every aspect of our shows and that includes the stars' interviews.

What this site is not about... or what I thought this site was not about... is attacking posters.

The biggest problem on this board isn't really intractible disagreements, Khan. For example, CarlD2 and I hold many polar opposite povs on OLTL yet we manage to keep our debates quite civil because we stick to discussing the show versus psycho-analyzing and attacking each other.It's the latter that will get a thread into trouble every single time... and such was the case in here... again.

Further, you and MontyB just proved quite eloquently you can voice objections to actress bashing without resorting to personal attacks.

• Members

I don't think you understand the gravity of this situation, dragonflies. The legions of Ford-loving Facebook fans are going to rise up any second with an awesome power beyond our imagining. Sure, TSJ left the show of his own accord, but there's got to be some way to make OLTL pay. It's The Last Temptation of Frank Valentini.

Archived