AMC: Shocking new chapter in Lucci's book

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Careful, folks. This is Susan Lucci. She might have written what she did about Frons in her new chapter, but that's probably all she has written about him. Anyone expecting her to turn into a guest on the "Maury" show - rip off her wig, roll around on the floor like a pig, and tell everybody's business including her own - will have to do so at his or her own peril.

• Members

Pratt was a prick, but for me McTavish drove me away permanently...the un-abortion will go down in infamy as was of the, if not the worst plots ever. After that. I lost respect for the show and all those who allowed it to happen...it made a mockery of everything the show was and had been, and it was a spit in the face to Nixon, Lucci, and women's rights in general. Disgusting and revolting.

• Members

It's always intriguing to me to read what finally drives a viewer away from a show, not just a soap but any TV show. Final straws come in all shapes.

I didn't have a final straw with AMC. I just kept walking away mainly out of boredom and/or frustration and returning whenever Eden Riegel came back. If I leave a show for those reasons, I'm always open to returning. If I quit out of anger, I quit for good. GL pissed me off in the early-90's and once I turned it off, I never looked back until all the buzz about the production model got the best of my curiosity.

• Members

As a lifelong lover and supporter of daytime drama, I've been loyal to the shows, all of them, and AMC was special to my heart, as seeing the love story of Jesse and Angie play out was something that I didn't see anywhere else on TV...for a young black kid, that was really important. AMC was always a show that not just entertained me, it INFORMED and EDUCATED me, and for me to see what was done to the show these past years was tragic. The last straw was the un-abortion...for the first time in my life I swore off a soap completely and totally...I left Pine Valley and have only returned now for the farewell.

• Members

Exactly. It seems from the little we've heard, that when the cast would try to talk to Pratt--or even not try--he would gleefully tell them he didn't care two shits about their characterization or backstory, etc, etc (and apparently he refused to even wave to poor Agnes when she'd pop into the studio, let alone let her "consult" or whatever she does...)

• Members

I never left AMC I just disconnected myself from the show at that point and haven't been invested since and really only watch when I read about something that might interest me same as you. Maybe thats why while Pratt was a destructive force I don't know if I found him any more damaging. The show already was already on a downward spiral and had been so for years but at the point he joined I personally was not as invested in the show.

• Members

There were things I enjoyed about Pratt's tenure, though.

• Annie
  • David
  • The blatant camp
  • The hilariously insulting way he wrote out that army girl! :lol:

But, even for those things I enjoyed, it wasn't All My Children and didn't take away from the things I hated. Number one on that list being RyICKa!

Archived