AMC: Shocking new chapter in Lucci's book

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

As a kid I loved Joyce Dewitt! I was, being the out-of-the box fight the power kind of kid that I was always went against the grain and rooted for the underdog...while other gravitated down sexy blond bimbo Chrissy, I thought dark-haired girl with brains Janet was the cat's meow.

Sounds like a hit to me!

• Members

LaLucci talks about why she added the new chapter in her book

http://www.tvguide.c...ir-1037029.aspx

"The book had gone to print well before the cancellation and they felt my story wasn't complete without my response to the show going off the air," Lucci says. "They wanted my honest and raw reaction to it. At first I didn't know what to say or even think. I was so upset and angry and stunned that my eyeballs were spinning in my head. But I sat down with my co-writer, Laura Morton, and we talked it through. And it is indeed raw. Very raw."

Lucci tells us she has no regrets about blasting her former boss, nor did she rush into it hastily to meet a publication deadline. "We got word about the cancellation right before Easter vacation, so I spent the first part of my vacation working on the new chapter," Lucci says. "Then I went away for a while and came back to revisit the material and work on it some more. I wanted it to be candid."

I love this part:

The "epilogue" to her "career?" Puh-leeze! Lucci, who's been meeting with lots of TV bigwigs lately, including Desperate Housewives' Marc Cherry, tells us she'll soon report for work on her fourth episode of TV Land's Hot in Cleveland where she plays herself and the arch-enemy of Wendie Malick's character Victoria Chase. Better watch out, Victoria, La Looch is on fire!

• Members

Barbara Walters started season premiere thanking Brian Frons at ABC daytime. She showed them the one page ad of the View's season premiere. She continued to thank Frons/Sweeney for their continued interest in View LMAO. Of course last minutes brought out Carla Hall from the Chew to do cross promotion. I just find out this was all because of Sweeney/Frons being blindsided by Lucci's attack of him over the weekend that made the internet. Lucci is a very POWERFUL figure as she is worth 30 to 50 million dollars and she is a huge power. She could also write her ticket anywhere, anyplace and anytime. Its one thing when Robin went after Frons but Lucci even though people think it was too late. Today was validation the attack Lucci did blindsided Sweeney and Frons. What worse thing could it be when the QUEEN OF DAYTIME attacks you and it was first time in 41 years Lucci ever spoke up about anyone. Lucci still has never discussed her SMG feud. He had to huge BW an icon to endorse him LMAO.

Archived